Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can not connect

Options
  • 13-01-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if im in the right forum ,so mods feel free to move .
    The last few days when im on the net ,I have started to get a pop up saying there is a problem connecting to the server.its usually called error 815 or error 691(this tells me the username/password is incorrect even tho im already connected and i dont use either.).i appears at the bottom of the screen and then can take ages to actually pop up.then i can close it and the pages will display again.anyone have any idea whats going wrong?NOt sure if iv explained it very well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Are you running Vista? If so look in your network connections, do you have an entry for "Broadband Connections (WAN PPPOE)".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah im running vista .when i click on connect to ,it has select a network to connect to and the only one there is -broadband connection PPPoE connection

What broadband have you got? Do you connect to a router?

If you look in your network connections you should have Local Area connection listed. You shouldn't need to choose "connect to....".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i have Bt wired broadband .all i do is just click on firefox and i connected but lately iv started getting the error messages even tho i am already connected.in network connectios i have local area connection listed also there is another connection listed just says broadband connection its WAN miniport (PPPoE) and it has disconnected beside it.
    Should i delete this 2nd connection?

You should be able to delete the other connection safely "broadband connection WAN miniport (PPPoE)." I believe its interfereing with you LAN connection to your router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement