Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen mechanic? Brakes + pads.

Options
  • 13-01-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello lads any of ye familer with a MK4 golf?
    I have to do the disks and pads on my fathers car, front and rear. Is what I need to know is what size bolts are they holding them on. I was told I'll need a 7mm hex and that takes off the front disk and calliper together(like the old focus) is that true?
    Like BMW and merc is the disk stuck on with a screw? Now to the rear Im not really sure... I have all the tools but they are in work and I can't exactly bring home a big tool box with me, I just want to bring home as little tools as possible.
    Im not really sure of VW Im a ford man.
    cheers lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

There all Allen keys apart from the brace/pad holder that holds the caliper to the hub. I think its either an 18/9mm spanner is needed there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Healyc wrote: »
    There all Allen keys apart from the brace/pad holder that holds the caliper to the hub. I think its either an 18/9mm spanner is needed there!
    lovely cheers! is there a screw holden on the disks and what about the rear calliper housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

You won't find a 7mm in a regular set of Allen keys you'll need to get a socket from a motor factors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

eamon234 wrote: »
    You won't find a 7mm in a regular set of Allen keys you'll need to get a socket from a motor factors
    Yeah I have it in socket form.

Advertisement