Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You are not an Adminstrator

• 13-01-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Right, my friend has a computer, XP, and his trying to install software for O2 broadband but he got a message stating that he needs to be a computer administrator.

There were several profiles on the PC, some admin and some just limited ones. He has deleted all but one admin account and turned off the guest but the message still appears when he tries to install

Any advice, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

stupid question but is he logged in as admin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Dempsey wrote: »
    Right, my friend has a computer, XP, and his trying to install software for O2 broadband but he got a message stating that he needs to be a computer administrator.

Any advice, thanks in advance!

Right click on the O2 software and select run as administrator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is there anything you can do if you don't know the admin password and you don't have the install disks, I've came across this a few times....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Fairly easy and straight forward to wipe passwords from accounts if you forget them. Check up Offline NT Password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What the monkey said!

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Vanbis wrote: »
    Right click on the O2 software and select run as administrator.
    does that not only work with vista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

No it works for XP too though its called "Run as" then you must select "The Following User" and type in Administrator as the username. I amn't sure about vista as I can't stand it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Webmonkey wrote: »
    No it works for XP too though its called "Run as" then you must select "The Following User" and type in Administrator as the username. I amn't sure about vista as I can't stand it
    It's easier in Vista, it automatically brings up a list of Admins, you just click one and enter the password.

Advertisement