Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening courses.

Options
  • 13-01-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all apologies if this has been asked before but I had a quick look and couldn't come across any information. With the way things have been going on the jobs front recently I have been considering returning to college, as I am sure a lot of people have been doing. However as I am still currently employed three days a week the main option open to me would be night courses.

I was just wondering is the Degree/Diploma offered by these equivilant to the one offered by full time courses?

Also would the mature student grant still be available towards these classes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

At the moment the grant is only for full-time courses, so no part-time courses would be covered. But yes, if you were to get a degree at night it would be equivalent to a full-time degree. In fact, it would probably stand more to you since it'd show future employers how you manage your time very well and you're committed to something etc.

If you're considering night courses it might be a good idea to keep in mind the Open University as it's very flexible. Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

davisjason wrote: »
    Also would the mature student grant still be available towards these classes?.

You would be entitled to 20% tax relief on your fees if you are paying fees for an approved college and course. check revenue.ie for a list of these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

I'm currently looking into Distance learning at Sligo IT. Ive heard some great things about these courses from people who have completed and are currently studying them.

http://www.sligoit.ie/current_students/distance_learning_engineering.html

Advertisement