Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Not Heating

Options
  • 13-01-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

The radiator in my kitchen is not heating properly. There is only a small bit of heat coming out of it. I bled it but that hasn't helped at all. Any ideas what the problem might be, tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Could be full of dirt, if you compentant enough to remove it, run a hose through it for 10-15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Are you sure the return valve (the one without the screw cap) is open? I know that sounds silly, but it wouldn't be the first time that such a valve was closed in too much when the system was being balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

possibly something clagging it up. if you can manage it, try what boggles has suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

As said already, make sure both valves are fully open.

If so, it may be an air lock on that line. shut down (om one side only) every other rad in house. When heat comes up on Rad, open them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I checked the pipe leading into the rad and it was roasting hot so i completely shut off the valve on the rad and then back on again. It seems to have cleared whatever was stopping the hot water getting to the rad as its roasting hot now. Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for all the advice guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

I have a problem in that when the radiators are turned on.. There is a gurgling noise... Think there may be dirt in them I reckon.. Is there any way of flushing the hole system out without taking of each individal radiator..

Advertisement