Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Wigan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    Good question any pubs showing game?

Rang Sinnots. Showing it apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Trilla wrote: »
    Rang Sinnots. Showing it apparently

thats a bonus - do ya know if they normally show non sky/setanta matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Gibneys in malahide usually show all matches on the international channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Gibneys in malahide usually show all matches on the international channels
    Same for the Cuckoo's Nest in Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

2 - 1 to United. Should be a good game. United will be on the attack needing a win and under pressure to win. Valencia will want to be showing how good he is to get his real madrid move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Steve Bruce to lay down again for United

Nothing to do with Man Utd having a better team than any team Steve Bruce has managed before?

Pipe down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I reckon Wigan's form is a good thing for us. They are less likely to park the bus in front of the goal. Their confidence might lead to a few counter attacks for us.

Would love to see Tevez and Rooney for his one, really want Ronaldo to get a goal, wouldnt bet against it either having just won the FIFA World Player award and brimming with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Berbatov is not lazy. It has nothing to do with fan loyalty either. He simply isnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Question for the Desie fans , Anyone know a pub in waterford showing the game.

I suppose the usual pubs ! but would like to know for sure , and safe a tour the pub type thingy like the last time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Berbatov is not lazy. It has nothing to do with fan loyalty either. He simply isnt.

not according to the vice president of the Bulgarian FA who had this to say after Berba only moved 2000m over the course of a match.
    "The leaders should give more," said Yordan Lechkov. "It's not serious to see Berbatov running 2,000 metres during Saturday's match."

or there is a rather colourful quote from the ex-Leverkusen coach where i believe he refered to him as a "lazy prick" if my memory serves me right.

but thats ot for this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Liverpool liverpool liverpool liverpool Gerrard Torres! Torres! Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool Masch Liverpool Liverpool liverpool liverpool liverpool Gerrard Torres! Torres! Liverpool Liverpool Alonso Liverpool Liverpool.Liverpool liverpool liverpool liverpool Gerrard Torres! Torres! Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool

Yeah, guess so Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Yeah, guess so Al.

Hahahahaha!

Anyways, I think we'd be lucky not to be held to a draw unfortunately.. Maybe some of that Chelsea-steamroll momentum will carry over! Hoping for a 1-0 :)

And I hear the Woolshed in town is showing the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hope someone posts a stream to this :)

got nothing to do 2night!

UTD TEAM

VDS

RAFAEL
    EVANS
    VIDIC
    O SHEA

RONALDO
    CARRICK
    SCHOLES
    NANI

ROONEY
    BERBS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,451 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    UTD TEAM

VDS

RAFAEL
    EVANS
    VIDIC
    O SHEA

RONALDO
    CARRICK
    SCHOLES
    NANI

ROONEY
    BERBS

Very happy with that line up.

Will be interested to see how Berbatov plays with Carrick and Scholes supplying the ball from midfield - don't think he has played in front of the two of them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

even with a few changes from the Chelsea game, that's still a very strong line-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yeah got the team right, so obviously I am happy with the selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Right lads there is suppose to be a stream here closer to kick-off.

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/ch3.html

Utd's Bench

KUSZCZAK , NEVILLE , ANDERSON , PARK , FLETCHER , WELBECK , TEVEZ

looks like Wigan are up for a game , named 2 up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

not according to the vice president of the Bulgarian FA who had this to say after Berba only moved 2000m over the course of a match.

or there is a rather colourful quote from the ex-Leverkusen coach where i believe he refered to him as a "lazy prick" if my memory serves me right.

but thats ot for this thread.

Just as a matter of interest would you take the opinion of the English FA or the FAI president/vice-president as any sort of argument to use? If John Delaney or David Davies or whoever does the English one came out with a statement like that I'd probably view it as more of a stain on his own character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

could anyone give me a quick run through of how to use myp2p.eu? do i have to install something or what?

just use the iraq goals link above or justin.tv and you want have to install anything. Some of the myp2p open through windows mediaplayer als. If not then download sopcast.

only1stevo wrote: »
    could anyone give me a quick run through of how to use myp2p.eu? do i have to install something or what?

myp2p.eu are only a channel listing for online streams. They don't actualy provide any streams themselves.

For the United game they have numerous options listed. The software is listed beside them i.e Sopcast, Veetle, TVAnts, etc. To watch any stream listed on that sited you need the software listed beside it installed.

Once you have the software installed you can then click on the play link and it should start the program straight away and point it at the correct channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Anyone got any links to a download source for sopcast that dosent take 9 hours to download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

redout wrote: »
    just use the iraq goals link above or justin.tv and you want have to install anything. Some of the myp2p open through windows mediaplayer als. If not then download sopcast.
    I take all we gotta do is wait for 8pm and those iraqgoals ones will work right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wigan: Kirkland, Melchiot, Scharner, Bramble, Figueroa, Valencia, Cattermole, Palacios, Taylor, Zaki, Heskey. Subs: Kingson, Edman, Brown, Boyce, De Ridder, Kapo, Camara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Tevez isn't playing tonight, it's a real statement from Fergie. Surprising stuff, but bold as always.

Good solid team, resting Park is a good idea, Nani needs to get himself back into the swing of things and Wigan is a good time to do it.
    lol....i expected that Al, you're getting predictable.

seriously, i'm all for loyalty to a team, but any user of this site who tries to say berbatov isnt lazy should be banned for LIFE

God forbid somebody disagree with your opinion of a player who you've seen on TV sometimes. Fergie was quoting the ProZone stats to say that Berbatov had run more than the other front men, I'll quote:
    ”Whenever a player comes here, people will find a way of criticising him, but his statistics are incredible,” said Ferguson. “He did more running [against Boro] than most of the other players — even Rooney. It’s his languid style that is deceptive. Berbatov’s way of picking a pass is fantastic. I don’t think we’ve had a player with the beautifully-weighted pass that he can produce since Cantona.’’

He's not a work-a-holic, but he ain't lazy either. He's just languid. Either way, I can live with him :)

Chong wrote: »
    I take all we gotta do is wait for 8pm and those iraqgoals ones will work right?

I thinks that what we are all hoping. Sometimes its a couple of minutes into the game before they come online.

PHB wrote: »
    If Tevez isn't playing tonight, it's a real statement from Fergie. Surprising stuff, but bold as always.

Why is it surprising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Channel 69470 on Sopcast is decent enough, English commentary, too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Steve Bennet the ref for tonight :eek: Unbelievable really. United's 12th man

Ronaldo just getting presented with the same award again.

Come on you Wigan. Don't roll over like the chavs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

is working, and is in english

Pathetic

rooney, one nil

• Advertisement

goal rooney

1 - 0

Ronaldo to Rooney 1-0

Could be stroll now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That my friends is football (and a huge slice of luck :))

We've been threatening to absolutely hockey somebody for a while, it might be tonight. Once we don't step off and let them back into it. If we're on form, this game should be over in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

COME ON UNITED

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Highsider wrote: »

ROFL!

Come on United,
    one nil already!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

oh. dear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

God forbid somebody disagree with your opinion of a player who you've seen on TV sometimes. Fergie was quoting the ProZone stats to say that Berbatov had run more than the other front men, I'll quote:

He's not a work-a-holic, but he ain't lazy either. He's just languid. Either way, I can live with him :)

Ive seen him live in person, can i say he's lazy?

Steve Bennet the ref for tonight :eek: Unbelievable really. United's 12th man

Keep baiting that hook.

That my friends is football (and a huge slice of luck :))

who played the ball to Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ronaldo to Rooney! PERFECT START!

Get in! 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

1-0 Rooney.

• Advertisement
Advertisement