Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Wigan

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's the password do you know as I can't access it?

Anyone know what time (if at all) the match will be repeated on MUTV tomorrow?

Terrible news about Rooney :(

3 points though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

bramble - 3
    cattermole - 2
    rooney - 1

bonus points on fantasy premierleague site. crazy crazy decisions... Vidic was unbelievably good tonight. I don't think I can say another utd player played well. Not to standard they should have. Wigan destroyed us in centre midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dave! wrote: »

Anyone know what time (if at all) the match will be repeated on MUTV tomorrow?

hey dave theres one at 8.00 am ,10am,12.pm,2.pm,4.30pm
    its called wigan athletic -home 2008/2009
    full coverage
    so i presume thats what you want
    also at 7.30pm theres highlights of the match on MUTV too

sky sports are showing another replay at 3.00 am tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Even with us off the pace up front I don't remember a United side I have ever felt so comfortable watching at 1-0.

This side has barely gotten out of 3rd gear this season.
    They are becoming far too dependant on winning matches 1-0 .
    They are struggling to create decent goalscoring opportunities.
    In all fairness a pretty strong United should be putting sides like Wigan to the sword easily enough.
    Powerhouses like Wigan and Derby in the last week have made the so called best team in the world look very poor .
    United still need a prolific goalscorer,Eto would be ideal.:(
    I think Utd need a good hiding to wake them up or else Inter could mug them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

This side has barely gotten out of 3rd gear this season.
    They are becoming far too dependant on winning matches 1-0 .
    They are struggling to create decent goalscoring opportunities.
    In all fairness a pretty strong United should be putting sides like Wigan to the sword easily enough.
    Powerhouses like Wigan and Derby in the last week have made the so called best team in the world look very poor .
    United still need a prolific goalscorer,Eto would be ideal.:(
    I think Utd need a good hiding to wake them up or else Inter could mug them.

1 nil wins are graaaaaaaaand. When they needed to step it up a notch on Sunday, they did easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

That has to be a lot of games we've gone in the Prem now without conceding?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

many, many minutes of clean sheets :)

Anyone know the record of consecutive games without conceding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Smegball wrote: »
    Anyone know the record of consecutive games without conceding?

The record is 1025 mins by Chelsea

To beat it, just need to keep clean sheets against Bolton and then West Brom

If we do achieve it, it should be called the Nemanja Vidic record tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Skud wrote: »
    bramble - 3
    cattermole - 2
    rooney - 1

bonus points on fantasy premierleague site. crazy crazy decisions... Vidic was unbelievably good tonight. I don't think I can say another utd player played well. Not to standard they should have. Wigan destroyed us in centre midfield

FPL bonus is rigged. Serious money in that me tells ya.

No joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United struggle massively when they are missing Rooney, massively. No other player has the influence that he has on the team. Terrible cost if we miss him for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote: »
    United struggle massively when they are missing Rooney, massively. No other player has the influence that he has on the team. Terrible cost if we miss him for 3 weeks.

Will be 3 weeks, could be longer - based on what Fergie said last night.

He never confirmed it was just a 3 week injury - just that it was a hamstring injury which means at least 3 weeks, though he hopes no longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PHB wrote: »

I'm not so sure about that.
    Ronaldo is more influential in my opinion.He won United so many matches last season ,he can do things no other United player can.
    Rooney's form over the last few years is very hot and cold,more often cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ronaldo is more influential in my opinion.He won United so many matches last season ,he can do things no other United player can.

wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rooney helps dictate the tempo and shape of the team a lot more than Ronaldo. Ronaldo will win you a match by scoring more than Rooney, but he doesn't influence the overall performance of the team to anywhere near the same extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

as good as ronaldo is though, rooney sets the tone for many of utd's performances.

if i was playing with him, I know I couldn't help but feed off his will to win.

i might not ruthlessly kick as many people as him, but you know what I mean :rolleyes:

edit: beat me to it mitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Wow. I actually cant see the sense in this at all.

Also, I think Evra is just as important as Rooney for the team in a general sense.

This next three weeks is going to be a major test of Tevez's future now I'd say, he has the next 3 weeks to step up and prove he's worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This next three weeks is going to be a major test of Tevez's future now I'd say, he has the next 3 weeks to step up and prove he's worth the money.

lets see how bad the injury is first

he may be out for 3 weeks;)

• Advertisement

excuse me but that such unbelievable short sighted bollox.

Tevez proved himself last season, and to say that he now has three games is utter stupidity.

He has been fúcked around so much this season that it is unsurprising that he is performing below par.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Des wrote: »

Tevez proved himself last season, and to say that he now has three games is utter stupidity.

He has been fúcked around so much this season that it is unsurprising that he is performing below par.

I think the Tevez problem has far less to do with his ability and far more to do with the fact that United as an entity are a little uncomfortable when faced with the reality of handing over €25-€30m to a middle man for his services rather than a club.

To pick up on the point about Rooney v's Ronaldo, if you watch the united games closely you'll see that what Rooney does off the ball is far more important that what Ronaldo does on the ball. Rooneys biggest strength, imho, is his positional sense. When he plays, United always look like they have options in the final third of the pitch. When he doesn't you get the sort of stale disorganised performance we saw last night. Plenty of position, Berbatov & Tevez dropping deep but whenever someone looked up to pick that final pass there was no easy option available. We run out of ideas and end up not really doing much at all.

When Rooney is on the pitch he draws defenders out of position and leaves gaps behind him, when he's not doing that he ends up with a couple of yards of space within range of an easy pass from a teammate. When united don't have the ball, the opposition defenders have no time to settle because they know that Rooney is hunting them down.

All of that is why Rooney is such a vital player for the team, regardless of how many goals he does or doesn't get.

Why the hell would I care?

I couldn't give a shiney shíte where the title ends up.
    eh?

I never said anywhere that I didn't.

Also, I love Anderson

:p

:p
    hang on, this proves nothing.

I don't dislike the EPL, in fact I like watching it, but I don't care who actually wins the thing.

I do love Anderson too.

Agree 100%

Super post.

hang on, this proves nothing.

I don't dislike the EPL, in fact I like watching it, but I don't care who actually wins the thing.

I do love Anderson too.

I know, i know......'twas all in jest. :cool:

Advertisement