Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form of expression

Options
  • 13-01-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

When you like a band you buy a tshirt to show you kinda like them, right

does anyone buy anime merch in clothing line or would you not be caught dead wearing anime or manga merch

im not talking cosplay here, just t shirts ,jackets you name it not the extreme stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Don't have any myself. I wouldn't mind but it would be to an extent. Of course, this is like almost every other type of clothing though. If it looks good I'll get it but if it's horrible, I won't put it on. One of my friends has a Chiyo t-shirt from Azumanga Daioh and it just looks so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

NERV hoodies look cool.

In before Overheal's Gundam slippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I had thought of ordering a Gurren Lagann T-shirt once. Until I saw some guy wearing one. Then I decided against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

too much €€€ for my liking
    Don't have any myself. I wouldn't mind but it would be to an extent. Of course, this is like almost every other type of clothing though. If it looks good I'll get it but if it's horrible, I won't put it on. One of my friends has a Chiyo t-shirt from Azumanga Daioh and it just looks so funny.
    When I was in Leicester I came across a shop that sold detachable Chiyo-chan pigtails. It was all sorts of wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I had thought of ordering a Gurren Lagann T-shirt once. Until I saw some guy wearing one. Then I decided against it.

Indeed, a Gurren Brigade tee-shirt would be cool.

Would be kinda like an offspring one.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TSHIRTS/OFGG13A~Offspring-OffSilver-Posters.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Wow, nice question.

I would love to wear something with anime/manga I like. For example: A t-shirt with Archer from FSN, or one with Lilim-chan from "Lilim Kiss" magna or for sure something with Alucard or Seras Victoria from "Hellsing". But I think it's rather hard to get such thingies >_>... SAD T_T

I don't think anyone should feel embrassed or something while wearing such thing. It's a way L337 to wear smth like that XD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

wouldn't really go further than having an anime wallpaper. My current wallpaper is this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58571766&postcount=18

I'm probably more of a tech/gamer geek than anime so I usually buy T-Shirts with witty gamer culture slogans and images on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Did you see me at Eirtakon? I was cosplaying as C.C. had a Code Geass bag which broke:( and a Code Geass pocket watch.:p I use to sometimes bring my Code Geass bag to college. I usually wear band t-shirts so thought why not wear anime t-shirts. I plan to order some Evangelion t-shirts and other anime ones. If I ever learn how to sew I would love to add anime features to my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im nerdy enough without merchandise to prove it. You hear about people modding their vans into Star Trek shuttles and you know just how slippery that slope can be.

I do actually own a Gurren Brigade mug.

I makes anything drank from it taste about 100% extra awesome, and invigorates you with the burning spirit of a man.

If you're very lucky you'll magicly gain sunglasses.

• Advertisement

does your coffee spiral into some kind of whirlpool inside of it though...

Only if I stir it fast enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ikuto

Did you see me at Eirtakon? I was cosplaying as C.C. had a Code Geass bag which broke:( and a Code Geass pocket watch.:p I use to sometimes bring my Code Geass bag to college. I usually wear band t-shirts so thought why not wear anime t-shirts. I plan to order some Evangelion t-shirts and other anime ones. If I ever learn how to sew I would love to add anime features to my clothes.
    i was was gonna go to that but i pushed it off, siad I'd go next year

i have tshirts and hoodies myself ,i usually where them if im going off some where.

i have a akatsuki hoodie, just plain black with red clouds no pictures or anything, its so none no its a big anime hoodie exept true fans, i went to the cinema with my friends when 3 girls screamed from a far " omg a naruto hoodie, thats from the anime" my friends looked at me weird i just siad i had no idea what there on about ._., im scared to wear it now

Only if I stir it fast enough
    When you stir it to you say Gurren Coffee: SPin On!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

I have some anime/manga merch. I prefer the subtle kind rather than something like those t-shirts that are practically a billboard for an anime/manga. It screams socially inept nerd. Such as: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/FRZSS4fa-oL=h7eBX9/browse/item/65793/4/0/0

Where as this is a nicer one: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/VAVlJynXn4SlOVz7MX/browse/item/71607/4/0/0

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Ikuto wrote: »
    i was was gonna go to that but i pushed it off, siad I'd go next year

i have tshirts and hoodies myself ,i usually where them if im going off some where.

i have a akatsuki hoodie, just plain black with red clouds no pictures or anything, its so none no its a big anime hoodie exept true fans, i went to the cinema with my friends when 3 girls screamed from a far " omg a naruto hoodie, thats from the anime" my friends looked at me weird i just siad i had no idea what there on about ._., im scared to wear it now

Awh pity it was really good. I say that is embarrassing when that happens, you just don't know what to do but I can get a thrill sometimes when that happens. I also have a Lulouch wallet which looks really funny when I am out drinking.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ikuto

Awh pity it was really good. I say that is embarrassing when that happens, you just don't know what to do but I can get a thrill sometimes when that happens. I also have a Lulouch wallet which looks really funny when I am out drinking.:rolleyes:
    its grand if im on my own i can brush people off for wearing stuff, friends its different

Advertisement