Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chase Scene - they don't make them like they used to!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Youtube is stuffed with great French/Italian policers chases. There is a thread on Classic cars forum somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Now I want a Lancia Thema turbo.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is that Mike65 driving that Merc 190E? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Class :D

Like Ronin, the French know how to do chases alright. US ones always appear so fake compared to them.

BTW, they cracked 2 camera lenses ! :D:D and didn't edit out - even better ! Now you know it's not CGI'd !

I knew a guy who bought a Thema 8.32.........wow, now that'd be nice.

And a neighbour who bought a Croma Turbo (the first cousing, R25 also in that chase.......)

Is it on me, are are there more cars in it at the end, than the beginning ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah me old Black Beauty is long gone! Crappy chase - no music, no cars coming against them and no cardboard boxes or fresh fruit!

Not right at all. :p

The daddy of car chases - not Bullitt or the French Connection but the third film in the Philip D'Antoni trilogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is not a car chase but worth a look anyway: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEOjl9kDbE

Not sure who picked the music for that advert though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

A prime example of american cinema ruining car chases/scenes is TAXI, some great scenes of fast mental driving and the yanks come along put queen latifa in it. Enough said! :D
    You know the car chase scenes will be good once the french are involved.
    Ronin/transporter 1 (well first few mins great fun).

Heck just set it in france, the bourne identity for example, and it'll be good!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That one was brilliant Mike!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

They're brilliant!

A bit like the last motors meet before the guard arrived*!!:D

*I wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It took 18 Renault 25's to complete that film, Stekelly would probably know more about it than me.:D I always said it though, the French do the best car chases. Did anyone else see Transporter 3? I thought it was the best yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement