Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Star Trek Uniforms

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭

Which is your favourite uniform? For me personally it's the later DS9/Nemesis uniforms. Love it.

Argue away, apologies if this has been done already.

Favourite Uniform 35 votes

ENT
    0% 0 votes
    TOS
    8% 3 votes
    TOS Movies
    14% 5 votes
    TNG Early Seasons
    20% 7 votes
    TNG Later Seasons
    0% 0 votes
    Early DS9/VOY
    11% 4 votes
    Later DS9/Nemesis
    2% 1 vote
    29th century
    42% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Next Generation didnt exist till season three when they got their collars. The grey ones from DS9 are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Kiith wrote: »
    Next Generation didnt exist till season three when they got their collars. The grey ones from DS9 are the best.

Yeah thay had the red stripe on their collars, I hated it. They dropped it after Season 2, although junior officers still had it if I remember correctly in Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Have to go with the early DS9 and Voyager uniforms. They were of course seen in Star Trek:Generations. As cool as the newer grey ones were I thought they took the emphasis of position (command, security, engineering, medical) away and put it into the background with the colours. They should be at the front, makes them more distinguished.

Here is a cool pic with Picard and Data in Stellar Cartography. Great pic.

stellar_cartography.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

tos mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Favourite would be 1995 era uniforms. I think they got it just right with the blend of colours and formal black. But the ENT uniforms, wtf?! They send their flagship crew out in boiler suits, great way to impress the aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

The Naval-style uniforms introduced in Wrath of Khan, fo sho. Something excellently simple about them. They were a big change from the Series' primary coloursystem, and thankfully the really sh!t Motion Picture spandex suits...I really dug the side flap with the black lining, something really smart about them.

CaptainKirk.jpg

Didn't like the way they showed up in Yesterday's Enterprise (TNG) minus the collared undershirts.

473a462ba2d7d-1

They looked cheap and tacky.

2nd best I think are the First Contact-era (2373 onwards) grey-and-black. They somehow evoked the darkening times of the films/DS9, with the Borg incursion and the Dominion Wars. Even the bridge lighting and the ship designs were much more militaristic. But they were also a bit dull.

StarTrekNemesis1.jpg

Kirk films FTW

PS (off topic) ST Movie this year FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the ones with the leather collars in the special eps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

the ones with the leather collars in the special eps

Leather collars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I love the classic original series uniforms:)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Original Uniforms for me aswell. Uhura always wore hers quite well. I'm thankful they got rid of the unisex skirt uniform on TNG though. Whereas Troi could pull it off seeing fellas going around in skirts was a bit much to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

There was also a period in DS9 where they wore the old TNG communicators on their uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Later TNG uniforms followed by first contact uniforms, followed by ds9 uniforms.

which film did they gradually change from one uniform to the other....was it first contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I think Picard's open jacket with the blue/grey shirt was the best

180px-Captains_jacket.jpg

Must be fairly expensive to redesign and replace all of Starfleets uniforms :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I think Picard's open jacket with the blue/grey shirt was the best

180px-Captains_jacket.jpg

Must be fairly expensive to redesign and replace all of Starfleets uniforms :D

This was the one that I was going to say

Also I really liked the uniforms in the cage. TOS without the LDS effect
    cage.jpg
    Also the landing jacket

Yes I said LDS. If you do not get it then get out of this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

The later DS9 ones are my favourites - I prefer the services colour as a lesser colouring, and they look more "uniform". However, I'd have to agree with Cookie_Monster, the Picard jacket combo is (with some exceptions allowed for scanty female clothing) a personal favourite for a single (rather than unifrom) outfit.

For those who can't decide/remember the differences;

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet_uniform

Perverse aside - misspelled "exceptions" above, and the spell checker suggested "excretions". Completely changes the context of that sentence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I liked Jadzia in Trials and Tribbilations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Later DS9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

I think Seven and T'Pol rocked their uniforms. !!

For Starfleet it would have to be the later DS9 uniform with the grey shoulders.

Non Starfleet I would go for the Cardassians. Just think it worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yeah the cardies looked suitably militaristic.

Advertisement