Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying paving slabs

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi im in waterford ,want to lay paving slabs in a fairly big area of the garden .anyone know where to get paving fairly cheaply as im on a budget ..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Try Kilsaran Concrete was up in there new plant in Clonee last week boy have they some choice for patios/paving some excellant new products some not even on their web site .

I would say if your up that way call in as there is a lot of stuff available, and the prices are better than most of the other big names , or you can get the cheaper precast concrete which will go green in about 3 months.

The choice of paving products in this country is endless.
    Dont be in a rush as stuff is getting cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

The religious order (Christian Brothers?) in Slieverue used to do paving slabs. Don't know if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 evie110

macadam wrote: »
    Try Kilsaran Concrete was up in there new plant in Clonee last week boy have they some choice for patios/paving some excellant new products some not even on their web site .

I would say if your up that way call in as there is a lot of stuff available, and the prices are better than most of the other big names , or you can get the cheaper precast concrete which will go green in about 3 months.

The choice of paving products in this country is endless.
    Dont be in a rush as stuff is getting cheaper.

ok thanks for that ,so your saying to steer clear of the concrete slabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

All paving will go green eventually, especially in saded areas.
    Scrub over annually with Bread Soda or Jeyes Fluid. Or you could Power hose it.

Conc paving slabs are cheap. Stone or clay will be alot more expensive.
    Shop around, prices vary and theres lots of colours / patterns to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 2cracks

Hey if you want you can send me a message with some contact detail for you cause I know someone in the trade. I already tried but I cant send you message cause i havent made enough posts yet (must be over 25).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pythag

i know its sounds crazy but i priced 400 x 400 cheap paving slabs form bandq a pallet of 52 is 94 euros ..

the same slabs form other suppliers came in at 135 ish,,

only problem is bandq are out of stock till march..

same went for the 900x600x50 slabs,, a palelt was way cheaper form bandq than from roadstone..

and band q will deliver for about 50 euros, so if you want to get your hardcore(50 euros for 1ton bag) and your slabs all in one qo it works out quite reasonable

cheers

Pythag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Measure up your area and see what end of stock you can buy ,because most paving comes in batches and colours vary.

I am on my second paved footpaths and patio area as I choose wrong and got a bargain 11yrs ago, but have the perfect finish now no moss or damp green areas.
    Also be careful power hosing as if you lay paving Brick you will have to resand each time you hose.

New product coming soon that seals all concrete products against damp,mould, oil spills etc and you can power hose without resanding.!!!

Advertisement