Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(HELP) Radio Q's

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Have already got myself a bowman headset with a motorola plug, now all i need is a compatible radio to go with it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Any way any suggestions from the boardies would be great.

Hopefully in a brick n' mortar shop.

Are binatone radios compatible with motorola gear

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lidl and aldi do them occasionally but if you want something straight away you could head to maplin, they have a whole range of the stuff. Be prepared to feel like you have traveled back the the prehistoric age though, the people working in there have barely grasped the concept of communication let alone helpfulness., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

If you've got a Motorola plug, you'll have to get a Motorola radio as they're a proprietary connection so it won't anything else. If it's a 1-pin plug it'll be for the Talkabout range, if it's 2-pin it'll be for the XTX/XTN/XTNiD (446 version obviously).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

As Dex said above - if it's 1-pin then it's for the "talkabout"...
    I got the 1 pin version and it doesnt work on anything I've tried it on (except a talkabout - which i dont have:rolleyes:)

Wish now I'd asked Dex before I bought it...:o

ROFL., im the oposite aidan, its worked on all the ones ive tried., :D

vtec wrote: »
    ROFL., im the oposite aidan, its worked on all the ones ive tried., :D

I think it must be fubar'ed so.:D

I must try it with one of your radios some day.;)

• Advertisement

I actually tried your (or was it hedgehogs?) headset in my lidl radio a few months ago. thats why i went and got a bowman, i knew it would work.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

I think it must be fubar'ed so.:D

I must try it with one of your radios some day.;)

Hay defender, gis a shout if ya wanna flog it, was gonna order one off ebaybanned but figured be faster

Airsofty wrote: »
    Hay defender, gis a shout if ya wanna flog it, was gonna order one off ebaybanned but figured be faster

I actually have the swimmer version - sticks to the side of your head like a sink plunger:p
    It's from ebaybanned and I was actually gonna hand on to it to try and find a radio that works.
    The price has dropped on ebaybanned since I bought it (I paid $36.90 and now they are just $24.90).

Thanks for the offer tho.:);)

bring it with ya next time your gaming aidan, i'll stick one of the lidl radios in my bag for ya. i have about 4-5 of them and i owe ya a favour anyway.,;)

vtec wrote: »
    bring it with ya next time your gaming aidan, i'll stick one of the lidl radios in my bag for ya. i have about 4-5 of them and i owe ya a favour anyway.,;)

Thanks a mil Richie.:) I'd just love to know if it's just a pile or actually useable. Dont know if you guys are at drogheda for the charity skirmish next Sunday, but if you are I'll see ya there.;) Thanks again.

• Advertisement

I hopefully will be there, it was a 100% cert but i'm hearing a holiday might have been moved forward, it better not have., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Just an update, i found a radio that works with the motorola plug in argos for 47 squid here

And seeing as i should be up at the charity bash tomorrow ill bring the other up for you to try Aidan

Just an update, i found a radio that works with the motorola plug in argos for 47 squid here

And seeing as i should be up at the charity bash tomorrow ill bring the other up for you to try Aidan

Appreciate that Brent. :)
    See you tomorrow.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

actually there €48.79

What would you guys think of these?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5530977/Trail/searchtext%3EMOTOROLA.htm

They are €126 here, but work out at less than €100 from Newry...:rolleyes:

Advertisement