Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christening - location for afterwards

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello,
    We've our daughters' christening next month. Immediate family only. 13 Adults 10 Children.
    Any suggestions on Greystones area hotels/resturants that will welcome so many little'uns for food and is reasonably priced.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've been to Christening parties in the Woodland Lodge and the Glenview in recent years - both seemed pretty good and kid friendly, and I'm attending one in Bels soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

The back of Bochellis would be good to. Good value ish Italian and I find very child friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

The Martello in Bray is good. The food is great - nice variety, very child friendly and reasonable. They have a different roast on every day. I was at a Christening there a month ago and it was really good. You can book a table in their conservatory upstairs overlooking the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Hunters in Rathnew. Had my nephews christening there last year - AMAZING! Had a fab time. Lovely private room in back, roaring open fire, long antique table seats 20 or so. kids ran around room and garden. Food was fab and service v good. really really enjoyed...a friend did same too and told us...so I pass it on! Was v reaasonable too - Sun Lunch prices - cant remember how much.
    Megfi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

We had our LO christend in November and we went to Backstage at Bel's and I could not praise them enough.
    Tara was the woman who looked after us, and nothing was too much trouble, she was really on the ball, and worked with us to make sure we were happy with the menu and everything.

I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

MrsA wrote: »
    We had our LO christend in November and we went to Backstage at Bel's and I could not praise them enough.
    Tara was the woman who looked after us, and nothing was too much trouble, she was really on the ball, and worked with us to make sure we were happy with the menu and everything.

I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

M

Yes, I know Tara. Herself and her partner own and run that place. Food is excellent, however I find it a bit pricey. Check for yourself maybe, food is top knotch though, only the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

many thanks for the responses! I'll check those places out. :)

Advertisement