Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwife in Ireland or Cork

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi... I'm a nurse midwife in the U.S. I might be moving to Cork, Ireland with my husband. I would really like to talk with a midwife in Ireland (preferably Cork) about what midwifery is like in Ireland. Please email me at <snip>. I want to know what typical practices look like... how many midwives work together at a time? What is nursing support like? Do you like your job? Are you well supported by your peers and physician colleagues, etc? How is your schedule structured? And many other questions... we have to make a decision soon (my husband's company offered him a position in Cork).

So if you are a midwife or if you know a midwife that you can pass this request along to, I would be very, very grateful for your response!!

Thanks so much!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey, posting your email address on a bulletin board is just going to get you a load of spam mail. A far better idea is for people to PM you for it and then for you to give it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 williamsl77

Thanks... I posted the email I usually use for spam that I only check for special things (it's not the address I use for my friends/family). I just need as quick a response as possible. I'm also not entirely familiar with these forums, so if someone PMs me, it might take me longer to find it. Either way... thank you for your advice. And if you know any midwives... I'd love to hear from them!!

Nesf... I see you removed my email... even though it is 'spam friendly'... should I keep it off? (Thanks for the etiquette tip...)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kiwikid

you might get someone who can PM you or answer you on magicmum website. it had a thread recently on those who are training to be midwives.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nesf... I see you removed my email... even though it is 'spam friendly'... should I keep it off? (Thanks for the etiquette tip...)

I removed it for your sake. You can post it if you want but believe me doing so will get you a *lot* of spam aimed at that email address.

Advertisement