Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never had a credit card before

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi im hoping to go to japan for a holiday soon and i dont have a credit card i was wondering if there is a credit card i could get that would give me a high limit rate so i could book my flights etc online could ye recommend any for me? or if ye had any information about credit cards id really appreciate it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do a search on this forum for credit cards, you'll find plenty of advice on many different kinds of cards.

Your limit will be decided by the bank, based on your income and ability to reply so no one can really tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 funkybutterfly

Thanks for that ill check it out now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

if your paying for the holiday by credit card you may get automatic travel insurance with the purchase..........make sure you check it out, could save you a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Just a quick other point on this one... im quite sure that you can put money onto your account, so if you put 5k onto your account, you can use that 5k, then work into your credit limit.

Can someone confirm/correct me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

If you load your credit card above your limit you avoid (some) charges when withdrawing cash when abroad. I do it whenever I head off and haven't paid any fees. However, it is not exactly clear if the bank will cover this amount if your card is stolen.

This link from askaboutmoney.com has some useful info.

Credit cards for travelling

• Advertisement
Advertisement