Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Phone kit for a Yaris

Options
  • 14-01-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a decent bluetooth car kit for the Yaris I picked up this week. With the slanted central console, I dont really see an obvious place for a cradle or a screen stand so the general advice I've been getting is to use a car charger for the phone separate to the kit and use a generic bluetooth kit.

I'm coming around to the idea of having no screen, so this seems to be the kit to fit the bill. I think its out in Ireland over the next couple of weeks and has enhanced voice dialing.

Bury RC 9060

Its basically the no screen version of the new bury touchscreen.

It seems to do the trick. Would anyone think otherwise?

Im posting in motors because maybe someone might know whether such kits suit the toyota or if theres anything I need to be aware of in terms of the radio not suiting the kit etc.

Thanks a lot!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Nokia CK15 fits very well in the new Yaris, much better than the Parrot kit. control pod fits where the keyless start button would normally be (to the right of the steering wheel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

The trouble with the Nokia kits is that I've heard they dont work overly well with non nokia phones. I may be getting a new phone later in the year when the snazzy ones from Sony come out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

These work really well. Good budget solution.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6724.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Trotter wrote: »
    The trouble with the Nokia kits is that I've heard they dont work overly well with non nokia phones. I may be getting a new phone later in the year when the snazzy ones from Sony come out.

I've got a Motorola and it works fine with the CK-7W. I removed the cradle as it's unnecessary, and creaked against the footwell padded plastic.

There is however a problem in that it wasn't installed properly and the mic doesn't cut when the person on the other end is speaking, though opening the glovebox covers that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DLiam007

Try these guys. I got a car kit before christmas from them. They also have portable bluetooth car kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

have you considered a tom tom sat nav as a car kit? Maybe be something like this...

http://www.totalpda.co.uk/TomTom/TomTom-GO-520-Refurbished.7593.html

I'd recommend a parrot over anything else though...

Advertisement