Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bless me father for I have sinned...

• 14-01-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

I bought prepacked minced meat from the supermarket. I knew it was wrong but it was 1.99 for almost a kilo-that's a third of the price of the butcher counter outside the supermarket! I'm so sorry. I'd ask for penance but eating the stuff is penance enough...right? *so ashamed* :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

what wrong with pre pack mince?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Jaysus Brian - It isn't like you bought a gammy shrink-wrapped fillet steak. Off to AH with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Nothing wrong with cheap mince TBH

I use the cheapest I can find , then add milk during the frying process , leave it on a very low heat for 1 hr , pull off the fat and you have the most tender mince you have ever tasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with cheap mince TBH

I use the cheapest I can find , then add milk during the frying process , leave it on a very low heat for 1 hr , pull off the fat and you have the most tender mince you have ever tasted.

and you surely enjoy the taste of meat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

No this is usually used as a base for spag bol , or Chillie.

To be honest can't taste the meat once it's cooked. but you need your protein :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement