Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value a Ford Focus for me

Options
  • 14-01-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Thinking of selling my car. So i wondering if you guys in the know could give me a rough idea of what to price to look for it.

Its a 07 focus hatch 1.4 connection petrol with 84000 klms:eek: I know i drive to much;)

So what to you think would be a fair price and no i am not paying any of you to take it off me:D

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

A garage quoted me a trade-in price of €10K for a 2006 1.6 diesel Focus with 15,000 miles on the clock, if that's any guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

07 1.4 5dr Focus LX ex car hire can be bought from dealers at around 11,000-11,500 with approx 40-50k kms. 07 Zetecs making approx 1500 euro more.

Yours is above average miles. I'd back off 2000 or so for the higher miles. Connection spec is a bit higher than LX I think, but lower than Zetec ? My number would be 9000 for a private sale. Probably lower than you hoped ? - but is based on real data.

Sorry !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

lifer_sean wrote: »
    07 1.4 5dr Focus LX ex car hire can be bought from dealers at around 11,000-11,500 with approx 40-50k kms. 07 Zetecs making approx 1500 euro more.

Yours is above average miles. I'd back off 2000 or so for the higher miles. Connection spec is a bit higher than LX I think, but lower than Zetec ? My number would be 9000 for a private sale. Probably lower than you hoped ? - but is based on real data.

Sorry !!!!

Thanks Sean

Rathdown motors who are buying cars for cash offered me 4000:eek:
    I told him i would rather give it away. Hoping to sell it private so thanks for the figure.

Also its a zetec connection.

ambman wrote: »
    Thanks Sean

Rathdown motors who are buying cars for cash offered me 4000:eek:

The last of the big spenders ?? !!!! The cheeky buggers !!!!

I'll give you 5000 !!!!

Seriously though, you would do much better than that by just throwing it into the auctions. Price you would get would be low but not that low !

The last of the big spenders ?? !!!! The cheeky buggers !!!!

I'll give you 5000 !!!!

Seriously though, you would do much better than that by just throwing it into the auctions. Price you would get would be low but not that low !

Do i hear 8k from the back of the room:D

• Advertisement

ambman wrote: »
    Do i hear 8k from the back of the room:D

My guess is that it could make 7500 in Merlin if in good condition. Less the fees (5% plus vat I think) you would clear 7000. Still a poor enough price, but no hassle.

See you there tomorrow night ?? !!!

My guess is that it could make 7500 in Merlin if in good condition. Less the fees (5% plus vat I think) you would clear 7000. Still a poor enough price, but no hassle.

See you there tomorrow night ?? !!!

Thanks Sean

You have been a great help;)

Advertisement