Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Maps for Hiking - What are the options?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if there any maps available out there that give coverage of this country at 1:25,000 scale?

I'm planning a fair bit of walking around Carlingford/Slieve Donard and various bits of the Wicklow Way and St Kevins Way this year. I have the OSI 1:50,000 maps but what other options are there??

Thanks for any hints!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mountaingoat

There is a 1:25000 map of the Mournes (Slieve Donard).

Most of the Wicklow way is cover by the Harvey's map (1:30000)

I'd recommend both maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Swinging Looney

Thanks mountaingoat!

Do you know who does the Mournes Map?

I'm looking it up on the internet now so hopefully I'll find it!!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Framer62

What about maps for the Ulster Way? Have been looking everywhere for a detailed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I think the mournes map is by the OSI of northern ireland - I picked up a copy in Easons last year. Most outdoor stores should stock it.

The harveys map is grand but only covers the central section of wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Just got all my maps at the National Map Centre on Aungier Street. They seem to have all OSI and OSNI maps including Harveys and the Trail Master DVD's too.

Just to let ye know!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement