Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice and guidance, Please

• 14-01-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks, Hope someone can me out a bit here. Looking to get spare batteries for EOS 40d and a 67mm Circ Pol and N.D for 17-85.

Just browsing online and am stunned at difference.
    The Battery in 7dayshop is £5.50, in Jessops £34 and in some other places up to £50.:confused:
    The filters are much the same story. In 7dayshop its £5 for own brand and £15 Hama. In Jessops their own brand is £48, B & W £70 and Sigma £97.:confused:
    Has anyone purchased either from 7dayshop. Would their filters be ok? £92 in difference. How come? Are their batteries ok? Have bought AA and AAA batteries off them and they were fine.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I got unbranded 450D batteries from eBay and they were fine (charge and run the camera as long as the branded one I got with the camera) don't know anything about filters though.

A friend in work has used 7dayshop regularly and hasn't had any issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

nothing but bad reports bout 7dayshop filters... Hama is a nice medium between price and quality imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I bought one of 7 day shops branded filters (grey graduated) and it was really awful; a poor fit on the lens and rotates badly, the graduation is inconsistantly applied and gives a purple cast.

I also tried submitting a review of the filter on their website a few weeks back but it doesn't look like they have (will?) put it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Nisio wrote: »
    I bought one of 7 day shops branded filters (grey graduated) and it was really awful; a poor fit on the lens and rotates badly, the graduation is inconsistantly applied and gives a purple cast.

I also tried submitting a review of the filter on their website a few weeks back but it doesn't look like they have (will?) put it up.

They won't put it up if it's in any way negative.

I've some recent issues with them over Lexar Pro 4gb CF cards that appear to be troublesome.

The cards record the images ok but only transfer less than 50% to PC and even then some are corrupted.

Using the Lexar software, Image Rescue, the cards only show less than 2Gb with problems in some of the sectors.

I've been in contact with 7dayshop who have failed to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

I bought a pair of 7dayshop batteries for the canon 400D and they work perfectly. Id say they last just as long as the Canon ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

ya gotta be careful when buying stuff - i've got batteries from them - seemed ok tho!!!
    wouldn't get big ticket items from them tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

LeoB wrote: »
    Hello Folks, Hope someone can me out a bit here. Looking to get spare batteries for EOS 40d and a 67mm Circ Pol and N.D for 17-85.

Just browsing online and am stunned at difference.
    The Battery in 7dayshop is £5.50, in Jessops £34 and in some other places up to £50.:confused:
    The filters are much the same story. In 7dayshop its £5 for own brand and £15 Hama. In Jessops their own brand is £48, B & W £70 and Sigma £97.:confused:
    Has anyone purchased either from 7dayshop. Would their filters be ok? £92 in difference. How come? Are their batteries ok? Have bought AA and AAA batteries off them and they were fine.:confused:

I've bought two spare batteries for my 40D from 7dayshop. I've had no problems so far. There was a post a long time ago about the possibility third party batteries exploding if left on charge over night or for a long period of time. I usually keep an eye on them and take them off charge as soon as they're done.

Where filters are concerned I tend to buy the most expensive I can afford if I am going to use it a lot e.g UV filters are on my lenses all the time and I want the best quality I can get to sit next to the good glass. With circ polarisers for me I would only use one once in a blue moon so I would go for whatever I could afford. That's just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Yeah I wouldn't touch the 7dayshop filters, I've gotten one or two and they've been universally crap. Badly painted glass. If you want to economise, as someone says above get Hama or Hoya. Try and get multicoated filters at least though. As regards other stuff, I've gotten film and accessories from 7dayshop. I've never bought anything more expensive. I think people here have bought cameras in the past from them though. They're a classic online "as long as nothing goes wrong they're a great place to shop" place, as soon as something -does- screw up, you're on your own. In that they 're no different from a lot of other places though, Komplett for example ...

Advertisement