Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Park Rite Bollockology

Options
  • 14-01-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I got this on my windscreen one night when I was parked in a loading bay which had no signposts and only had "loading" written on the ground beside it. Most loading bays are only operable between 07:00 and 19:00 and look at the time the notice was left. Now this is obviously private property being operated by Park Rite and from what I've read here, if they clamp me, I can request they unclamp me without me having to pay as they aren't legally allowed to retain my property regardless of how I've parked on their property.

So am I right in thinking this is just an idle threat and they don't have any right to clamp me, or keep me clamped if I park there again?

70320.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

IMO whoever owns the private property can set whatever rules they want on that site.

I was on the board of Management Company for apartment complex up to recently & there was no restriction on the parking rules we could apply to allow clamping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

yes, its illegal to refuse to unclamp a car on private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

yes, its illegal to refuse to unclamp a car on private property.

That's really all that matters then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What's so hard about just adhering to their rules on their property?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

There were no rules posted plus it's mother Earth's property really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Anan1 wrote: »
    What's so hard about just adhering to their rules on their property?

Did you see the time ?

Advertisement