Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Dead Sons, Motel charges Parents anyway.

Options
  • 14-01-2009 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Starting to be a big news story here, the parents of the 2 sons that were killed at Fox Glacier are being chased for payments from a motel in Greymouth due to now showing up, and a Christchurch car rental company who had to have their rental car transported via tow truck back from Hokitika, as one of the dead sons had the only set of car keys and is still buried beneath the ice. The owner is now asking for $2000... not a lot of people here on the side of the motel owner and rental fella. And yes, the motel owner was aware that they had lost the 2 sons the day before and the circumstances but even went on Radio Live defending her stance. She did not come off well in the publics eye. And with good bloody reason, money hungry cow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Is the Fox Glacier actually minty or is that an urban myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Errr sorry lost me with that story :-s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

dSTAR wrote: »
    Errr sorry lost me with that story :-s

Story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

havent seen/heard the news in the last couple days, so i hadnt actually heard about them being charged for that... can see where the businesses are coming from or whatever, but come on! ridiculous, really is... just a little bit of human emotion wouldnt go astray in this one (and no, i dont mean greed!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Not wishing to be insensitive, but the guys were pretty stupid to go in there in the first place. They went past barriers that had signs saying something like 'Do not go beyond this point. Unstable Ice.'

But yeah, pretty insensitive of the companies to be chasing up the charges. In a way, the rental car guy is looking at a pretty big bill, so it's kind of understandable. But the woman in the hotel is just annoying. What is ahe out? $100 or $200?

• Advertisement
Advertisement