Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, could I have a MOD's opinion here please

Options
  • 14-01-2009 4:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, this thread was locked: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055461381

I was wondering could I get an opinion as to why?

I don't see a problem with it...it is a legitimate query. Maybe I could have phrased it better...but then again what difference would the phrasing make...I just want a serious answer please.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Just because you say the thread wasn't racist, doesn't make it so.
    It was most definately racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In order to get the discussion going properly, you'll need to show a good reason why you're asking the question in the first place.

That thread was about 3 posts away from someone going "TEKKEN UR JAAARBS!".

On the other hand if you started the thread saying,

"I'm doing on a study on the social impact of immigration into Ireland, particularly in terms of workplace integration, and I'm eager to hear other's thoughts on how well they feel that immigrants have been able to penetrate the Irish workforce. In your experience, do you think that there is an equal number of immigrant workers in white-collar employment (office work, financial services and so forth), or have they largely gotten involved in more manual and 'blue-collar' jobs?"

You see the difference?

Advertisement