Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston station - UCD Belfield campus

Options
  • 14-01-2009 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi,

I've to get to UCD tomorrow and was wondering what's the best way to get there with public transportation from Heuston station around midday. Also, would 1h 15 min. be enough if I took a cab (and thus be able to sleep an hour longer!!!) or is the traffic really bad? It's important that I am on time...

many thanks
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I would take the Luas to the Abbey Street stop. Then one of the 46 Buses (46A typically)from O'Connell street. The 10 is also an option from O'Connell

1h15min would be loads of time if taking cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If the 92 is there, get that to St Stephen's Green, then a 46a

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jdivision wrote: »
    If the 92 is there, get that to St Stephen's Green, then a 46a

I remember a few yers back, some 10's & 46's serving Heuston, i assume this is no more ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Gerard- no 46a's or 10's serve Heuston.

As Woden said, Luas to Abbey Street (when you come out of Heuston is the platform nearest you), and then go to the 46a/10 bus stop- it's the next bus stop past the spire on the right hand side if you're coming from the Luas. If you get a 46a ask the driver to let you off at Belfield, or else get on a 10 which terminates at Belfield campus.

You could get a taxi but the public transport option is quite easy, very little waiting around and a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi,

many thanks for your replies.
    I think on the way there I will go for the cab option (never been to ucd and my last experience with buses in Dublin was very, very confusing) and the way back will battle my way through the city with the bus/luas combo. I guess will take n10 from ucd, anyway, will ask someone there.

thanks again.
    sf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

much as it pains me to say it.. I would not recommend you take the extra hour in bed. Dublin traffic can back up any time any where, you should still make it to UCD in about 30-40 mins, but UCD is huge(think Dublin Airport) , and if you do not know the exact building you are looking for , you could easily spend another half an hour just walking around , even asking for directions, and another 10-15 mins wandering around the building when you find it (or you could find in 10 mins, but dont say you werent warned )

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I remember a few yers back, some 10's & 46's serving Heuston, i assume this is no more ?
    Very few 46s serve Heuston. The 10s operate from the Phoenix Park at Infirmary Road - but then takes a rather long detour.

Advertisement