Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Anti-Freud Dream Analysis Thread

Options
  • 14-01-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I don't often remember my dreams (I think I remember from the psych class I took in uni that this means I'm not creative) but every once in a while I do. I have a "dream dictionary" that I bought when I was 12 with the intention of finding out what I was really thinking - unfortunately I rarely dream about the symbolic stuff in there.

So, how about we make up analyses for our dreams, for a laugh. Try to be creative and funny (f*ck you, psych 332!) For example, if someone dreams about a panda you could say any of the following:

- pandas are black and white, therefore you normally see things in shades of grey and it's time to make a damn decision already. Oh, and buying that yellow top was a big mistake.
    - pandas are fat. Congratulations, you're pregnant!
    - pandas eat bamboo. Your body is telling you you want a burger.

Anyway, we'll see if this catches on. Someone post what they dreamed about last night, next person replies with a funny analysis and posts what they dreamed about and so on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

This is a great idea for a thread :D

Ok, I'll post my dream from last night:

I was viewing houses and there was one I really liked from the outside but the measurements on the estate agents spec sheet seemed very small and I wasn't sure.

I went in to measure it myself (it was open so I could just walk in), and the rooms seemed good and big but the measurements I was taking didn't add up and I couldn't understand it.

An estate agent came in with an oldish couple who were viewing the house, and they didn't ask me what I was doing there so I think they thought I was authorised to be there, as I was measuring and writing stuff down.

(EDit:... ah. I clicked on this is tLL but it apperas it's been moved to Sleeping & dreaming.... ah well :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

CeilingCat wrote: »
    This is a great idea for a thread :D

Ok, I'll post my dream from last night:

I was viewing houses and there was one I really liked from the outside but the measurements on the estate agents spec sheet seemed very small and I wasn't sure.

I went in to measure it myself (it was open so I could just walk in), and the rooms seemed good and big but the measurements I was taking didn't add up and I couldn't understand it.

An estate agent came in with an oldish couple who were viewing the house, and they didn't ask me what I was doing there so I think they thought I was authorised to be there, as I was measuring and writing stuff down.

(EDit:... ah. I clicked on this is tLL but it apperas it's been moved to Sleeping & dreaming.... ah well :o)

(I've been clicking through every once in a while from tLL since I posted this. Am hoping to get it moved back!)

CeilingCat, your dream contents and your username (ceiling cat is watching you masturbate) suggest that your subconcious is preoccupied with "double clicking your own mouse".

The house represents a vibrator you were recently viewing the specifications of on the internet. If you don't remember this, obviously you sleep googled. You think you want a big toy even though it won't satisfy you. Also, you shouldn't be afraid of your grandparents walking in on you because they totally won't mind as long as you're not knocked up or on heroin.

(not sure how anti-freud that was, actually...)

Edit: forgot the rules of my own thread!!

Last night I dreamt about going into brown thomas and sitting on one of the stools to wait for a job interview (which wasn't at brown thomas at all, it's just where I picked to sit and wait.)

While sitting there, which for some reason was before opening, the girl at the "Effects" counter (which I'm pretty sure doesn't even exist) asked me if I would like some free samples? With minor hesitation I said yes. She then proceeded to put sparkly pink powder just above my cheeks, but lower than under my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Xiney wrote: »

(ceiling cat is watching you masturbate)

:eek::eek::eek: I forgot about 'ol CeilingCat's more perverted side.....

funny-pictures-basement-cat-vs-ceil.jpg

Advertisement