Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atkins Advantage Bars

• 14-01-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

hi, i've a friend who's child is allergic to sugar and he's trying to track down some of these bars. he has ordered them from england before but the postage is very high. Does anyone know if they are available in ireland or if there is anyone who can post them to ireland at a resonable price.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You can buy them in Boots without any problem. Any of the bigger stores have them.

However, I suspect that the child is not actually allergic to sugar, as it's an incredibly rare allergy. Much more likely the child reacts badly to eating sugar or things with a high gi (I've got one like that. A sugary sweet and you'd swear she'd downed a couple of beers). If so, the Atkins bars may not be a huge help, as they contain various forms of fake sugar which are likely to cause the same sort of problems, plus a tummy upset, smelly farts and the runs.

What form does the allergy take, and what exactly causes it? Just about anything with simple carbs breaks down into glucose (sugar) even if it doesn't taste sweet.

Advertisement