Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Ministers Prepared to Relinquish Role

Options
  • 14-01-2009 11:17am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I note that a second junior minister (Sean Power) is prepared to give up the role to save the country. This follows Martin Mansergh's offer. So two FF junior ministers are prepared to relinquish their ministerial role. This all follows Dan Boyle's comments on reducing the numbers by three.
    Isn't it strange that Trevor Sargeant hasn't said anything yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah at last, a little leadership. Power wouldn't be the worst of them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Quite simply, they should all go. One token jesture here or there will not suffice. We managed without them before and we can manage without them again. Maybe then we can look at the State Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

juuge wrote: »
    Quite simply, they should all go. One token jesture here or there will not suffice. We managed without them before and we can manage without them again. Maybe then we can look at the State Boards.

It's a start. I heard up to 3 are now willing to go, Trevor Sargent seems to have gone underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Boyle should also Go !! ( Glass houses and stones :rolleyes: )
    Couldnt get elected in Cork and then accepts a nomination from Ahern for the senate ( how much does he pocket from that ) after the deal FF did with the snots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The only reason they are leaving now is so they can take the moral highground when it comes to cutting public sector wages. Cheap stunt, just like Brian Lenihan's pay cut was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I love the way that John McGuinness was quoted as saying that he felt a cull of junior ministers was necessary, BUT there was still place for a junior at trade & commerce.

Advertisement