Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some pics from the last weekend in June 08 - Castletown, Co Wexford

• 14-01-2009 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg

Comments

The mountain in that second and third one that the sun is setting behind is croghan mountain by the way...The mountain I drive up on to meet the snow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Castletown....where I spent many a happy Summer as a kid. A gang of us used to put nets out for poachers along that stretch of water at 10pm and take them in again at ~2pm. We were only in our teens at the time. Wouldn't get away with that now! Thanks for posting these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

The place is so nice, just out of interest whats on top and behind the mountain.. also how heigh..>

The mountain is 1997 ft asl.There is a coillte road to the base of the rock and then it's a ten minute stiff walk to the top.
    The view is amazing up there but its scary when it's snowing.Last time I was up there I left home in the rain and sleet and from 1500ft or so it was a total white out.
    Behind the mountain is aughrim village,annacurragh and further on Tinahely.
    The Mountain peak is just inside the co wicklow border but the southern side of it is in co wexford.

Must pop up there with the camera when it gets a bit nicer outside..

Thanks for the info..;)

• Advertisement

IMG_0578.jpg

Advertisement