Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Water Pump Question!!!!

Options
  • 14-01-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Long time reader first time poster. Another water pump problem, sorry. We live in the court and our water pump seems to have a mind of its own. It constantly comes on even throught the night. It's not for long it it is just topping itself up.

First question I guess you might have would be have we checked for a leak and yep that's been done and we're all clear there. We've also had the gas company in to check the boiler and had it serviced at the same time thinking it might have something to do with it but again we got the all clear there. The pump actually gave up on us last week and the other half who is a bit handy changed the fuse and off it goes again. Yet when he tested the orignal fuse it was still working!!!! He's also check the ball cocks in the toilets just in case they might be the cause but again all clear.

So can anyone else shed some light as to why this might be happening and has this happened to anyone else? Trying to get it sorted asap as I know that they are very expensive to replace and I think it might just end up burning itself out at this rate.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

It's a known issue with a sealing valve - we had ours doine recently, very cheap -plumber in grestones - will find the conact details...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pillows

Thanks Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Topmail

It maybe a slow leaking foot valve which is attached to the pipes at the bottom of the well or it could be that the air pressure in the tank underneath the pump is low, if you have a tyre pressure gauge check it at the valve and if i can remember correctly I think is shoud be about 20-25 psi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Foudn it...

The exact work was

"supplied and fit pressure vessel onto the domestic pumped water system above water storage tank"

This was for a house in eden gate, but the plumber (very professional) said it was a very common problem with these specific pumps/set-ups.

Was 160 euro plus the vat to have it sorted, and the plubmers came back a few times to check it was OK before asking for payment...

Firm was Greystones Plumbing & Heating - 01 2818281

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pillows

Thanks Topmail I'll get the other half to check the pressure and Steve thanks for the contact details I'll give them a call as well.

Thanks a million for the help ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Firm was Greystones Plumbing & Heating - 01 2818281

The no. for Greystones Plumbing and Heating is 087/2558404 hope this is some help to you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rofy

Hi All,
    Anyone seen this before our water pump keeps switching on and off everytime we use the dryer very strange I cant figure it out.

Rgrds,
    Rofty

Advertisement