Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband down?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I am networked with two other locations which are in Co. Wexford. I am on Eircom while they are on BT broadband. They are both down at the moment and when we contacted BT we were told the entire country is down! Can this be possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

nope, i'm on BT at this very moment.. :)
    (cork btw)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Most likely just a service outage on the local exchange, agents often have a habit of makings things bigger then they are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Cabaal wrote: »
    Most likely just a service outage on the local exchange, agents often have a habit of makings things bigger then they are :)
    nope, i'm on BT at this very moment.. :)
    (cork btw)

Didn't think the entire country cound be down!

It would appear to be back in Wexford! Well I can connect to them anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

atlantean wrote: »
    I am networked with two other locations which are in Co. Wexford. I am on Eircom while they are on BT broadband. They are both down at the moment and when we contacted BT we were told the entire country is down! Can this be possible?
    The IP network seems to have disappeared around 06:30 (Waterford). It returned shortly before 11:00. It was a network outage.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

I have BT here in Drogheda but my connection in my Dublin site is gone... Its in the Parnell Street area and is still down.. anyone else have similar problem in that area....??? BT told me all the country too...!!! Even when I said its fine in Drogheda...!!!

Rats

ratsam wrote: »
    BT told me all the country too...!!! Even when I said its fine in Drogheda...!!!

Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Smithfield is down, there is a problem with the main exchange and there is no ETA for a resolution.

Thanks BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

clondalkin exchange here. hasnt been down at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Smithfield is down, there is a problem with the main exchange and there is no ETA for a resolution.

Thanks BT

s/main exchange/North Main Exchange/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Ok thats nice... just off the phone to BT again.... now they tell me that north main is still down with no ETA... pity the eeijit didnt tell me that this morning..! A day wasted trying to resolve something I thought I did...!!!!!

Grrrr

Rats

Advertisement