Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Magic of the New Year

• 14-01-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

I know it's just the magic of the New Year coupled with the fact that the PDC and BDO have just held their perspective World Championships, but I would like to welcome everyone who has been popping into these forums recently. It's nice to see so many people contributing to the forum, and the conversation has been crackin'.

I would really like to see this forum grow as the year progresses. So any information in regards to tournament, leagues, draws, new darts, videos, nights out on the piss with darts in tow would be more than welcome !! lol

Keep coming back and please keep posting !!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well said, it really has been a much busier and better place lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Should this thread be turned into an off topic darts thread, just an idea!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Should this thread be turned into an off topic darts thread, just an idea!

Not a bad idea, it will make the place a lot more friendly, kinda like the one in the soccer forum. I will start it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Well, I've approached a few people on this forum on PM's about this, but I'm looking into launching a national darts magazine this year.

Have advertisers on board, graphic designers, and I work as a darts correspondent in Laois for a local paper, so hopefully this forum could be a good source of darts info....

......that's if anyone wants to get involved as a writer too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Well, I've approached a few people on this forum on PM's about this, but I'm looking into launching a national darts magazine this year.

Have advertisers on board, graphic designers, and I work as a darts correspondent in Laois for a local paper, so hopefully this forum could be a good source of darts info....

Sounds very interesting!
    Not doing anything at the moment, so I would be interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I could give you a hand maybe on any exhibitions or stuff happening down here in Waterford

I would love to get involved with this. I have always fancied myself as a bit of a writer and actually wanted to do Journalism in college but my lazy ass didn't get the points required.

I have a pretty good knowledge of darts so if you want some help then I'm your man!

Brilliant, have been writing a darts page for local papers for close on two years and it really took off here in Laois.

Delighted to have found this forum now, more contacts around the country in the different leagues the better. I really like the idea of setting up a darts fans magazine, written by fans for fans, not just journalists sent to report on games.

Could definitely bring on the game alot more in Ireland as it has in Laois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I could possibly help with setting up and running a site for the darts, i run www.goldenplec.com and i could possibly help in that manner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Really good idea, I can really see it taking off. I could help with stuff in the Galway area

• Advertisement

Brilliant!! A website would be deadly, and already looking through this and another thread, there is a good spread geographically of people interested!!

Sure whoever wants more details pm me your e-mail and I'll send you more details. Wary of giving away too much on a national forum

Advertisement