Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marital Arts in or around Wicklow

• 14-01-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All

Just checking to see if there are are martial arts courses or classes in or around the wicklow town or greystones areas??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pyro940

There was a Wado Ryu Karate club in the scout hall in greystones for years!! I have no contact details but they where members of ASKO (Amature Sports Karate Organisation)

Goggle them!

There was a Tae Kwoon Do club somewhere in Greystones too. Again no details, sorry!!

Try the "martial arts and self defense" forum in the sports section. The guys there will be better informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 wandiwar

cheers for that. Ill look thoses up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

wandiwar wrote: »
    cheers for that. Ill look thoses up now

I've moved the thread to the Self Defence & Martial Arts forum. Hope that's OK with the forum mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Tae Kwon Do in Newtown. Not sure on the times.

www.eastcoasttkd.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 snelltrading

muay thai in arklow were starting 2009 beginners classes tomorrow 27/1/09 very good place to learn step by step not like most places just killing each other down in the forge gym let us no and ill send ya number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

only ones I know of are Arklow Raven Tae Kwon do and Force Gym have martial arts classes in Arklow as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 snelltrading

ya foge gym have muay thai tuesdays and thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kwl

Theres a Kickboxing club in Wicklow town, 8-10 on tuesdays in the De La Salle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Kwl wrote: »
    Theres a Kickboxing club in Wicklow town, 8-10 on tuesdays in the De La Salle.

Heh, invading my school? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 everlast1

There is really good martial arts gym in kilcoole, does kickboxing, tkd boxing mma etc, its got classes all week & is open all day for personal training, also full gym upstairs, well worth a look, mail me for more details :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

pyro940 wrote: »
    There was a Wado Ryu Karate club in the scout hall in greystones for years!! I have no contact details but they where members of ASKO (Amature Sports Karate Organisation)

its now in the new sports/community centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rou

Hi,
    I live in Rathdrum and work in Sandyford. I am looking for a thai boxing class in wicklow. Desperate to start training again after a 3 year break! I have found the Warriors gym in Bray, but was wondering if someone could send me the info via PM of the ones in Arklow that you are talking about?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 forge gym arklo

forge gym & muay thai , arklow co.wicklow . open 7 days 8am-10pm mon-fri 8am-8pm sat 10am-6pm sun . muay thai tue & thur 7 - 8.30 also for extra training , conditioning beginners mon 7 - 8.30 sat 12-2 . for more info contact richie 087 3910284 or warren 087 9833047 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CelticBhoy88

uplift gym in wicklow have a great martial arts programme

Advertisement