Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle

• 14-01-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hello all.........

Heading to Newcastle at w/e for sat nite. Anyone been?. Can anyone recommend a good place to get an Indian and some decent pubs?. We are not interested in the teeny bopper places. Looking for somewhere where we could watch the Leinster Wasps match for example. Then somewhere where we could have a few pints in some comfort later on.

Jeeeeeeeez I must be getting old!!!.

Thanks in advance, L91.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

The Quayside would be my recommendation, a least one very nice Indian restaurant, (ask locally) and the bars are lively but not as mental as some parts of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Me to you

What hotel are you staying at?? We stayed at the quality hotel, we were dead in the centre of all the young nightclubs and pubs. I enjoyed newcastle more than reading and manchester, the people are lovely over there, we asked the girls in the reception where to go to eat, to party etc and they are so helpful. Stay away from mushroom, loooooon queues to get in, and basically full of a load of teenagers wearing bikini tops and plastered on one drink! Have a brill time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

The last time I was in Newcastle, we got these "VIP Cards" that got us into certain nightclubs and like two for one drink promotions. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get these?

We just happened to be in Ant and Decs bar when the rep for the company was there. His name was Mark and he has a facebook and he told us to look him up next time we were going over. Unfortunately we can't find his facebook or anything about the cards. Just being very hopeful that somebody here might know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Raoul wrote: »
    The last time I was in Newcastle, we got these "VIP Cards" that got us into certain nightclubs and like two for one drink promotions. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get these?

We just happened to be in Ant and Decs bar when the rep for the company was there. His name was Mark and he has a facebook and he told us to look him up next time we were going over. Unfortunately we can't find his facebook or anything about the cards. Just being very hopeful that somebody here might know.

The reps selling them are always floating around the Bigg Market/The Gate. In fact, go up around Tiger Tiger/Sam Jacks on a Thur/Fri/Sat night, and you'll defintley bump into a rep selling them.

Don't see the logic in them myself, as booze is piss cheap in the Toon anyway. £1 pints, trebles with red bull for like £2.95. Man, I love that city so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

the place is legend, brings the mad side out in everyone.

We went to Digital, Boom Boom and Blu Bambo, madness of the highest order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement