Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap car insurance

Options
  • 14-01-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Apologises if this is in the wrong forum.

It's that time of the year again and made a few phone calls this morning. I'm 25, 5 years no claims bonus, full licence for over 4 years, 1996 1 litre VW Polo. Fully-comp with accident breakdown, 3rd party for driving other cars, windscreen claims don't affect no claims. €269. That's with quoteme.ie

AA, Quinn, Hibernian and the usual others all way more expensive. One or 2 of this around €350 but the most of them over €400 if not €500!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

good for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I tried that site as well,

31 years old male, 3 years no claim, 800cc Matiz

€870.85 comprehensive,

yeah right:)

Maybe they dont like my foreign licence, but that is one joke quote. Axa can give me the same quote under 600e

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

try www.insure.ie I am 32 with irish provisional license. I got 800 euro on Honda Civic 1.5. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    try www.insure.ie I am 32 with irish provisional license. I got 800 euro on Honda Civic 1.5. Thanks.

I tried that site as well and was quoted around €450.

I just got quoteme.ie's number from the phone book and gave them a ring, this is the 3rd year in a row I'll have a policy with them.

The policy is with Axa through quoteme, while when I called Axa they quoted over €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

Recon wrote: »
    I tried that site as well and was quoted around €450.

You need to ring insure.ie and talk to them. They will reduce if you tell them that I have quote from so and so company with so much amount. You might get 300 or even lesser :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement