Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin] Identity crisis

Options
  • 14-01-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

On the advice from TheNog have created this thread as have had a few account problems, possibly due to my account being compromised (through a recent virus) though more likely down to my own stoopidity.

Am unable to log on using my old username metman and when I try reset password it goes to the email bit but won't accept my email address.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This would be better in help desk. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have moved this to the Help Desk forum and marked it for Admin attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Hey folks,

Metman told me the problem he was having with his account so I did some checking.
    Metman doesnt appear under the Members List but I could view his public profile from an old post of his. Also he cannot receive any PM's

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ok, certainly looks like the account was compromised; I've effectively disabled your new account in order to reactivate the old one with the correct email address, so you won't be able to log in as "met-man".

You should, however, have a confirmation mail waiting to activate your old account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Metman has just PMed me. His old account is now sorted and asked me to thank Cult for him cos he cant post here or pm yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement