Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending wireless from router

Options
  • 14-01-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I have a Belkin N Wireless Router - works fine, but I'm thinking about buying stronger aerials and replacing the current ones. My question is when it comes to the N/N1 series, would the aerials themselves need to be compatible with N/N1 - or is that purely the internals within the router that drives that signal?

Are the aeriels independant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

No-one wants to take this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

If the aerials are detachable, then you will not have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

I've got a new unused 6dbi aerial that I'm not using at the moment. If you can pick and drop in Rathfarnham and leave full price e35 as a deposit. Im happy to lend it for the weekend for a trial. Not for sale however (yet).

Has 1m cable, TNC and SMA connector cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I'm from the deep south so I won't be picking it up - thanks for the offer though.

Maybe when it's for sale let me know and I'll place a bid on it.

Advertisement