Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish classes around Ballincollig

Options
  • 14-01-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi all,

I have moved to Ballincollig a few months ago and, unfortunately, I know nothing about it.

Anyway, I am looking for Irish evening classes. Would anyone know if there are any around Ballincollig?

I have checked the Ballincollig Community School but was surprised to see that they don't offer any. There are classes for a few European languages but none for Irish.

Would anyone be able to point me out to the right direction?

Thanks!
    NatWW

PS: Being French myself and not Irish, I am looking for beginners/foreigners classes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Hi there...I have the same question...but about Cork City...has anyone a suggestion for a nice Irish language course? I have just a little Irish but I'd love to learn more and to learn grammar properly...suggestions, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

hey, well i don't know of any courses in ballincollig but i saw that douglas community college has an irish conversational course so you could give them a ring. UCC run irish courses for all levels as well, so it would be worth giving them a call too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Gaelscoil Uí Riordáin in Ballincollig host a conversational Irish get together every second week. Not sure if its open to the public, it might just be for the parents of students. The schools website is http://www.gaelscoiluiriordain.net
    An Chistin

an_chistin.gif An Chistin is a new club with a difference. It’s a bilingual Gaeilge/English club where you can practise what Irish you have no matter how small. Each night there will be an organised enjoyable activity with a mixture of Gaeilge/English used. Do not be afraid that you won’t understand what is being said or that you won’t be able to say what you want to say. Our activities take place in Gaelscoil Uí Ríordáin once a fortnight on a Tuesday night from 8.30 to 10.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

mimihops wrote: »
    hey, well i don't know of any courses in ballincollig but i saw that douglas community college has an irish conversational course so you could give them a ring. UCC run irish courses for all levels as well, so it would be worth giving them a call too.

Thank you Mimi...my prob with UCC ones is: do u have to be an UCC student to apply for them? :\I'd really want to know (any info 'bout this very welcome ^_^).
    Thank you for the Douglas' info, also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 NatWW

Hi guys,

thanks for all the info.

Although Douglas caters for all levels, one needs to have basic Irish to enrol apparently - which is not my case.

I'll check UCC out though.

Later,
    Nat

• Advertisement
Advertisement