Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sec + and 70-620

Options
  • 14-01-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

I am taking these exams in 2 weeks and hope to pass them 1st time

For the Sec + Ive done a course locally and for 70-620 Ive used CBT Nuggets and read book and study guides.

Im just wondering now where to next I could

1 Do the MCSA on Server 2003 using the sec + as an elective.
    2 Do the MCSA on Server 2003 not using the sec + as an elective but as another certicications.
    3 Do the mcsa on server 2008 - would this be Server/Enterprise MCITP.

I currently work at Level 1 on a helpdesk and understand I need experience to match up qualification. I will be applying for jobs after I get my first two certs under my belt.

I am cautious about moving jobs in current climate so if I am not sucessful in getting an appropriate job Ill continue on the certification path as in the study frame of mind.

Ive also a Diploma in IT Support which gives me knowledge above Network and A+ level.

Thanks for reading and help
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The Sec+ is an elective for MCSA/MCSE 2003 or MCSA/MCSE 2003 Security spec.

The Sec+ is not relevant for the MCITP Enterprise Admin or Server Admin nor does it apply to any other MS credential...

Advertisement