Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

el bulli cooking set

• 14-01-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

i received this for xmas, and am just curious if anyone has done this type of cooking before, and if you had any favorite recipes which you'd like to share.

I've never tried anything like that before, and haven't dared do any of the recipes yet but it looks like fun!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

What's in it? I'm hoping you don't need liquid nitrogen as you do for many of their restaurant dishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

no, you just get the chemicals needed to do spherification, aires and gelatines with a few recipes, but they're not great. i've managed to find a book with a lot of good advice and recipes for this type of cooking but noone has it in stock anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Sounds like fun, more chemistry than cooking. I have the book A Day at elBulli and it's got lots of those recipes in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

looks like great fun, but was reading this guys blog who'd been playing around with it, and who said that the little booklet that comes with it wasn't really enough for recipes and tips and advice, as he had to try things numerous times but things still weren't right . He's recommended a little book which gives a lot of advice on molecular cooking and says that book was a godsend, but that book is sold out everywhere.

I've heard a lot about the book you mention too so i might take a look at it.

Advertisement