Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fable II assistance needed

• 14-01-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I was wondering if people could help me out unlocking 2 achievements. Knothole Island has piqued my interest in this again!!

Anyway, 1 is 'The Dollcatcher' (Collect all the Hero dolls, or see another Hero collect them) and the other is 'The Executioner' (Sacrifice ten people in the Temple of Shadows, or see another Hero do so.)

I can offer huge amounts of money (in game of course) or possibly some of the other achievements. And gratitude of course ;)

Would love to aim for 1100 in this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

regards the Island Sorry cant help im not that far along.

I know where the temple of shaddows is, I would assume you only have to lead 10 people to the temple and pull that lever, You would have to do one at a time too. It would turn you evil though , so i am avoiding that path myself.

Hey guys, I was wondering if people could help me out unlocking 2 achievements. Knothole Island has piqued my interest in this again!!

Anyway, 1 is 'The Dollcatcher' (Collect all the Hero dolls, or see another Hero collect them) and the other is 'The Executioner' (Sacrifice ten people in the Temple of Shadows, or see another Hero do so.)

I can offer huge amounts of money (in game of course) or possibly some of the other achievements. And gratitude of course ;)

Would love to aim for 1100 in this!

The Dollcatcher is a matter of getting Dolls at the Westcliff shooting range and swopping them with other online players. For this reason it may take a while.

Temple of Shadows one is easy, just convince people to like you, go to the celler of the temple, and pull the lever while they're in the circle.

I actually read an interesting article on how some of these achievements shouldn't be allowed as they require online play to get - which is against the whole MS idea that you should be able to get 1000/1000 points from playing without having access to X-Box live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The controvery with one of the achievements is that I believe you require the Fable Pub Games, otherwise you cannot get every single expression (there's a dog expression in the Pub Games as a prize). MS had previously said that all achievements for a game must be possible to get without having to buy extra content or another game (unless it's achievements specifically for DLC, for instance).

It's perfectly okay by MS to make certain achievements Xbox Live related, otherwise you'd never have any achievements tied to online games, which many many games do.

koneko wrote: »
    The controvery with one of the achievements is that I believe you require the Fable Pub Games, otherwise you cannot get every single expression (there's a dog expression in the Pub Games as a prize). MS had previously said that all achievements for a game must be possible to get without having to buy extra content or another game (unless it's achievements specifically for DLC, for instance).

It's perfectly okay by MS to make certain achievements Xbox Live related, otherwise you'd never have any achievements tied to online games, which many many games do.

Yep, you're right, I just added the point in off the top of my head cause I thought the OP might find it interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I should have been clearer in the original post. I know exactly how to get the achievements but that's the problem, I can't get them without assistance.
    I destroyed the temple of shadows
    making it difficult for me to sacrifice people. I'd rather not set up a new character just to do this.

With regard to the Dollcatcher, I need assistance because it's one doll per game (excluding the hero doll) so that's impossible to do offline.

For the record, I got 200/200 in the (free) Pub Games, so I can still shoot for The Completionist and would be delighted to unlock that for the person who unlocks The Dollcatcher for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think playing a new game is the only way for you then to get the temple one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I think playing a new game is the only way for you then to get the temple one.

Nope, I can do it while in someone elses game, or I can watch someone else do it in their game. That's what I'm looking for! Although that achievement is minor in comparison to the dollcatcher!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Hi,

I am about two hours into Fable. I just downloaded the DLC. I haven't completed the main quest yet though. I've sacrificed about ten people at that shadow place. I'm planning on becoming an evil SOB.

I can help if you want. Not sure how to get the dollcatcher achievement though. Out of curiosity I thought you could the achievements yourself OR watch someone else do them. How come you can't do them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Whats the game like being thinking about getting it

Whats the nearest game to it on the 360 ?

Advertisement