Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture

Options
  • 14-01-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

At this time of year photos of buildings are a nice distraction from the chilly weather.

Dublin Castle by rosewoodoil, on Flickr

3194453945_3737f4a5e6.jpg

Many people do "Drive-By" photography when they are passengers in a car.

Has this tradition found a place on the Boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I remember at least one other user trying it out and posting some results for comment. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though. If I remember correctly he/she did the drive by shooting of people (photographically of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

If anybody wants to do a C&C on my photo, they are more than welcome. I think that part of Dublin could be in Italy, if you edit out some of the more typical 19th Century buildings. A nice thing happened as I as being driven past.
    A young man standing on the footpath smiled directly at the camera, very pleased to be admired.

Since I just wanted a streetscape I cropped the image, which added to the verticality of the effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Anouilh wrote: »
    Many people do "Drive-By" photography when they are passengers in a car.

Has this tradition found a place on the Boards?

I normally take snaps when i am a passenger and i have my camera with me. It's a good time to practice and a way to pass the time as well.

I got the below from a car and was quite happy with it. It was part of a much larger picture, and considering we were tipping along the quality came out quite well.

2874023382_2296a2814e.jpg?v=0

I love that shot and have
    added it to my favourites, Dragan.

2445585394_339511e603.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/anouilh/2445585394/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

The new Lyssian building in Cork

• Advertisement

A nice angle.

There is a thread on Flickr that might be of interest to posters here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/living_in_europe/discuss/72157594188104994/

I got a bit lazy about posting examples of Irish architecture on a wider European forum, but hope to get back to it.

Ireland is very lively at the moment, despite the recession in the building trade. So many new and innovative buildings to photograph.

Advertisement