Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good old o2

Options
  • 14-01-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭

Not really an issue.

Had o2 ringing me this morning saying that I could say a few euros a month. No more than €5 if I change my bill but would mean signing up to a new 12 month contract. Have 2 months left.

I was like no thank you as I am leaving you as your customer service stinks when you actually want them for something as I did around August and they just made promises which they couldn't keep.

Seems like they are feeling the pinch of account leaving and trying to sign people up for more contracts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

That's unusual. I've always found their support to be fantastic, and on the few occasions i've had problems they've been resolved very quickly. And no, I don't work for O2 :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its normal for telephony companys to dop retention calls to get exisiting customers signing up to a new contract when they are nearing there old one. No type of credit crunch is the cause of this its always been the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

did they offer you an upgrade or any other incentive apart from the €5 saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

nope just ways of reducing my bill by a few euros so i would stay for another year.

They kept saying I will do that and be out in the post to you in a few days and nothing would arrive.

They record less than 1% of calls when I asked for copies of the calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

preilly79 wrote: »
    That's unusual. I've always found their support to be fantastic, and on the few occasions i've had problems they've been resolved very quickly. And no, I don't work for O2 :)
    Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op out of curiosity which network are you moving to that has a better customer care?
    In my opinion o2 would have the best customer care, only thing that lets them down is the thing the call a website

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you could just wait until your contract finishes and then change to a different tariff without incurring a contract renewal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JOL

+1 for O2 customer support.

My experience is Broadband related.

I went 7GB over and it would have costed me €140 :eek:

They called me and said they would waive it this time but not to let it happen again, which is fair enough.

I also received a follow up call when I started using the Broadband service and at least I was able to talk to the person as I had tried 3 Mobile and I may as well have been talking to someone on the moon using tin cans and a piece of string and this from a major telecoms provider.

I have no affiliation to O2 but I am happy with them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

JOL wrote: »
    +1 for O2 customer support.

My experience is Broadband related.

I went 7GB over and it would have costed me €140 :eek:

They called me and said they would waive it this time but not to let it happen again, which is fair enough.

That is very fair of them! That happen with me and Vodafone... but they didn't call and waive it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Same experience with O2 customer care, well trained people with knowledge of products compared to 3 it's like pulling teeth. Thank god that contract is up with 3 this week and moving back to O2 Clear priceplan with no contract
    (dreading trying to get an unlock for my handset tho)
    Wish Me luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

krudler wrote: »
    you could just wait until your contract finishes and then change to a different tariff without incurring a contract renewal

When you change your tariff you automatically enter another twelve month agreement.

Since I do work for O2, I won't comment on the levels of service, that said the two other networks I have previously used; Meteor I never used had need to contact their customer service and Vodafone it was average.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gillo wrote: »
    When you change your tariff you automatically enter another twelve month agreement.

Since I do work for O2, I won't comment on the levels of service, that said the two other networks I have previously used; Meteor I never used had need to contact their customer service and Vodafone it was average.

Not if you're out of contract you can go on a sim only plan once your initial contract finishes unless you get an upgrade, you only incur a new contract if you're still in an existing one and move to an o2 clear plan

Advertisement