Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beggar - is he for real?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mollymolly

this is actually a woman. comes into my shop sometimes. her legs sre amputated from the thigh down and she stuffs cardboard in her jeans. ive seen her accidentally put her crutch on her leg and it just went flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

mollymolly wrote: »
    this is actually a woman. comes into my shop sometimes. her legs sre amputated from the thigh down and she stuffs cardboard in her jeans. ive seen her accidentally put her crutch on her leg and it just went flat.

no this is a different person buddy:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Zzippy wrote: »
    I beg to differ.

beggars cant be choosers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

There will be more like him as this depression deepens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    beggars cant be choosers

I beg your pardon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

doolox wrote: »

The depression makes yer legs go wonky?:eek:

Pub07 wrote: »
    I beg your pardon?

it beggars belief

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

doolox wrote: »

Sorry for your troubles. If you're extremely depressed you really should consult a doctor. If you're just mildly depressed maybe join a club or take up a sport. Don't get too down, the summer's coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Tis all fun and games until somebody loses a leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I seen him jogging out in Salthill. Was horrified.

jogging_man%20on%20beach.jpg
    :D lmao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yeah i have seen him around a good bit now... he is rather unfortunate looking...

Tis all fun and games until somebody loses a leg.

:) too many leg and limb sayings have now clogged my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont see how faking that makes more money, I give him a wide berth and everyone else does aswell it seems, there's usually a few feet of clear space around him even when Shop St is busy.

All the funny sayings and photos are on their second round at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

right if its the guy i think your all talking about then he's a fake, it was about 6 months ago, he was outside schuh leaning against the wall, with a crutch in each arm, his legs bent in the way and shaking like a bad drama student pretending to be a shaky person :)
    How do i know he is a fake you ask?
    Well after i seen him begging, i said to my gf, that lad is bs, thats one desperate begger, i looked back and seen 2 guards coming up tig coli and he just suddenly (like a miracle) stoped, and started walking to the top of shop street behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

If ye are talking about the same person that i am thinking about (legs bent forward, says nothing other than "please" (sounds kinda like beep) in a really high pitched voice) then firstly it is a woman, it's really hard to belive, but my friend told me to pay close attention to her as opposed to avoiding eye contact! And SHE can walk on the legs, but its kinda like crawling sept she has really short crutches! 100% her shins are not fake cos i'v seen the bottom of her shins!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If ye are talking about the same person that i am thinking about (legs bent forward, says nothing other than "please" (sounds kinda like beep) in a really high pitched voice) then firstly it is a woman, it's really hard to belive, but my friend told me to pay close attention to her as opposed to avoiding eye contact! And SHE can walk on the legs, but its kinda like crawling sept she has really short crutches! 100% her shins are not fake cos i'v seen the bottom of her shins!
    That's Johnny Wronglegs, from the "the strange characters of galway city" thread.

Fracture wrote: »
    right if its the guy i think your all talking about then he's a fake, it was about 6 months ago, he was outside schuh leaning against the wall, with a crutch in each arm, his legs bent in the way and shaking like a bad drama student pretending to be a shaky person :)
    How do i know he is a fake you ask?
    Well after i seen him begging, i said to my gf, that lad is bs, thats one desperate begger, i looked back and seen 2 guards coming up tig coli and he just suddenly (like a miracle) stoped, and started walking to the top of shop street behind us.

There's two different people, That guy you're describing is very different from the Johnny Wronglegs guy/girl. Ya kinda got see him/her to see what makes him/her so unique..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It's fantastic the way people can see them for free out in the street nowadays.

Back in my day, they were hidden in a tent, and you had to pay five shillings to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Steve, why do you let on to know so little, yet know so much?!

Please, give us more wisdom!

And is it really a girl? He/she wears pink shoes, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 krustywanksock

Lads theres too much bloody gypsies an romanians begging in galway i allways run them when they ask me for money.They are a load of scammers lads.Scum of the earth we have it lucky here compared to other countries like germany who are overrun with the creeps.

Advertisement