Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having trouble with Eircom?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Im having terrible trouble with my eircom broadband today.

It keeps just disconnecting..........And there is nothing wrong with the connection or the modem....Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doggone

I dislike any state body that suddenly privatised and insist on owning land lines my parents paid for over and over and over again. Smart man myself and ignore the media bias about them. :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

doggone wrote: »
    I dislike any state body that suddenly privatised and insist on owning land lines my parents paid for over and over and over again. Smart man myself and ignore the media bias about them. :eek:

If you are going to dislike something at least have your reasons correct.

No state body can ''suddenly privatise''. The Government made the decision to offer Eircom to the market. Shares were offered to the public and bought and the lines previously owned by the Government (along or course with everything else in the Company) were sold at a very handsome price.

If there is any media bias in respect of Eircom I would certainly say that it would tend toward the negative.

Smart man yourseslf indeed!

Im having terrible trouble with my eircom broadband today.

It keeps just disconnecting..........And there is nothing wrong with the connection or the modem....Anyone else having this problem?

Again for people to help you need to give some more information? Are you connecting by wireless or ethernet? Is your line actually losing connection and do you have to force it to reconnect? And lastly what are your current line stats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Wireless.

It loses connection by itself. According to my wireless page my line is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

What information does your wireless page give you?

• Advertisement

You have to try and establish first if your line is actually disconnecting from the exchange - if it is not then its not an Eircom problem.

If your wireless is dropping and your are still connected to the exchange then that is your own problem that you have to try and diagnose.

If it is a wireless problem then you can try a number of things - try and change the channel number that your wireless router uses.

Check and see if there are any other wireless channels nearby and if you are clashing with them.

Have you added any wireless gizmos recently in the house?

Advertisement