Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nero 7 Removal Problem

• 14-01-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi guys a friend tried to install Nero 7 on his laptop running vista, but it didnt install completely and stopped around 95% and now he cant remove it from his laptop to reinstall it and it wont let him repair the instilation. We have tried the removal tool on the Nero site but windows installer wont complete the removal. Is there any other software that will remove the program from the laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Try doing it in safe mode.
    If that fails try reinstalling it and then removing it.
    But why remove Nero7?
    It's far better than v8 or v9 which I hate with a passion.
    Really wished N7 would work with Vista SP1 :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I have vista sp1 64 bit nero 7 working fine on this os

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

damn..there must have been a patch for it..must root it out again..can't stand the bloatware in 8 or 9..7's way more intuitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks guys, I'll pass this info on to him, I had Nero 8 on my system Vista aswell, I went into Computer>Local Disk C> Programs found Nero and deleted it from there, then ran Glarys Utilities and deleted the registry entries for Nero and it seem to have work out ok. I done this has a trail for him. I have since reinstalled Nero 8 and no problems.
    Matthew I couldnt agree with you more 7 is by far a better version, time to delete 8 again through the proper way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Run ccleaner to tidy up registry settings too

• Advertisement
Advertisement