Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Healthcare

Options
  • 14-01-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

My Health insurance was due for renewal last week,Got a quote from Quinn
    For renewal for - €642, Got a better quote from Hibernian Aviva - €589
    Rang Quinn to cancel and they offered me their CompanyHealth Plus Scheme
    for - €560
    They said it was only for "Corporate Customers" but they could make a exception.
    Amazing isn`t it i had to threaten to leave before i could get this "great" rate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Funny That.

I was with quinn and got a phone call just before my renewal to make sure all was OK. I said I was looking around and was immediately offered a €100.00 discount.

Paddyo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Its unreal what they can do isnt it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Now that Vivas are Hibernian (Aviva), and have the backing of a major insurance company, they are now a real and credible threat to Quinn (and VHI). So use this to your advantage when renewing or shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dudara wrote: »
    Now that Vivas are Hibernian (Aviva), and have the backing of a major insurance company, they are now a real and credible threat to Quinn (and VHI). So use this to your advantage when renewing or shopping around.

I want to with them purely becuase they have Bruce Willis and Alice Cooper in their ads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

strange that, cause when I rang Quinn to arrange my switch to VHI in protest to the price hike, they never offered anything, never suggested a different plan (although clearly that was my issue), promised me a callback that never came, and promptly lost a customer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The €160 applies to the VHI too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

dlambirl wrote: »
    Its unreal what they can do isnt it!!!

Yes, including cancelling the group scheme discount which was an act for which I detest them.

I even asked them for renewal 2009 if they would give a discount for paying the entire annual premium up front by cheque. I am still waiting for an answer.

I think that they are probably geting their money a little too easily and that they need to learn some "competitive" manners. Customers do tend to bite back when they get a chance to do so !!

In the light of dawna's experience I think that I might get more hard nosed with QUINN at next renewal as I am paying them more than enough for what I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭corkandproud

galah wrote: »
    strange that, cause when I rang Quinn to arrange my switch to VHI in protest to the price hike, they never offered anything, never suggested a different plan (although clearly that was my issue), promised me a callback that never came, and promptly lost a customer...

bet you made a claim and that's why they let you go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

galah wrote: »

You switched from Quinn to VHI after Quinn increased their prices. Did it occur to you that VHI are the most expensive in the market??? By switching to VHI, you just did yourself out of more money!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement