Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank attitude change

Options
  • 14-01-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else notice a change in the attitude of bank staff of late. I have been banking with aib with years and always got great help and they treated me with great understanding even when I was in dire straights in the so called "boom time" I am experiencing a temporary cash shortage which is not really worrying me but they seem to be treating me like the a complete spendthrift. They generally seem to have got unfriendly and on the defensive. is it me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yup.... its you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

i have always found them helpful and i bank with PTSB, AIB and UB.
    UB in particular were very helpful anytime i had issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

They are probably being a bit more cautious with everyone these days and probably get many people in every day with a "bit of a cashflow problem". I would expect that the workload for bank staff in general has increased hugely with the rise in unemployment and a lot of people having difficulties. Its not always the staff who make the decisions (past or present) that end up picking up the extra workload either!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    They are probably being a bit more cautious with everyone these days and probably get many people in every day with a "bit of a cashflow problem". I would expect that the workload for bank staff in general has increased hugely with the rise in unemployment and a lot of people having difficulties. Its not always the staff who make the decisions (past or present) that end up picking up the extra workload either!!!

Probably;;;; If you didnt know if you had a job next month you wouldnt be good mood either:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah ive seen aib having good and bad times recently.
    i got a call from BOI today chasing me up on a cc application ! was well unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Mostly true about people being in bad form. I've had people crying right in front of me...in the main banking hall cause everything has gone pear shaped on them.....

Now more than ever Customer Service is the main thing people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I find the staff are as helpful as they can be, but with the way things are at the moment, i find the Bank absolutely no use to me . They won't even cover direct debits unless the funds are cleared, ok, i know it's in the rules, but up to recently, they would cover things like this without any problem for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

In 10 years of having a bank a/c with loans, d/d, s/o's etc I've never missed 1 payment and I don't plan to start. Why do people think that the bank should put a payment even through you've no money in your a/c? If it was up to me they would all go back. People need to start being proactive about money matters.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Tell that to Anglo - how proactive were they before they were nationalised ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I work in the financial services and there is a lot of pressure on staff (at all levels) at the moment and this does have a negative effect on how people do their job every day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement