Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me your zeroing methods !!

Options
  • 14-01-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

every body I talk has a differant way of zeroing their rifles, show me your way !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

every body I talk has a differant way of zeroing their rifles, show me your way !!

First of all I boresight to get on to an a4 page at 30 yards.
    Then I fire one shot at the centre of the page .
    I get someone to adjust the scope while I look through it and guide them on which way to adjust.
    Then I move out to 100 yards and repeat the procedure until perfect.
    I generally zero .223 an 1" high at 100 Yards and the 25/06 bang on at 200yards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

I use laser bore sighter and i allow X inches of bullet drop at Y yards.

Example for 22lr Example "Stinger CCI"

For 75y Zero I know that the theoretical bullet drop is 4.4 inches so
    I sight on a point thats roughly 4-5inches below the laser mark.

Then i adjust as normal by shot observation & adjustment

To be able to recheck in the field i use a magnetic bore sighter that displays a grid at a theoretic 100yard even though its on the end of the barrel.
    Once the zeropoint is recorded in terms of X&Y or E&W on the fake 100yard target otherwise known as the boresighter reticule, then i simply observe the location of the zero on this fake reticule in the field and make any adjustment.

Note that the end of the barrel must be in good condition to use this equipment.

Its a great tool which allows for a quick check- i save the results in my phone for easy rechecking at any date in the future..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

First I will allways zero the SCOPE so that I know that the cross hairs are centered.
    See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431546

Then dial in the bullet drop plus the scope height from bore centre to scope centre.
    Last time I zeroed a scope was on my 223 CZ varmint it was on paper @100m and only 1" right and 4" low. Now you can dial in to get you on the bull.

Advertisement