Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative re-tiling of fireplace

Options
  • 14-01-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi all

I am about to restore an old fireplace base that has many cracked/broken old tiles. Here's the pics

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/nigeltufnell/

I'm a novice at this kind of thing, and I've heard that the curved edge style tiles that were the original on the piece are very hard to find these days. They're 4" tiles originally. Would square edge tiles just look hideous?

Or is there any thing else I can do to make this thing half-presentable. It just has to not be an eyesore. The house is being sold so I just need it up to a standard that looks presentable basically. And budget is tight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The square tiles wont look so bad on the hearth of the fire, the only problem i can see is the ones up along the edge of it...

Im pretty sure you can still get rounded edge tiles anyways, i seen some in b&q the last time i was there, with it being b&q though i wouldnt expect them to be cheap.

Advertisement