Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Social Outings

Options
  • 14-01-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Ok so it was decided based on good feedback from the meetup last night (Tuesday 13th Jan) that I should start a thread where people can post things that they would like to do that may interest other boards users.....A bit of a change from just beer (not that there is anything wrong with it of course :D)

So if you fancy doing something then this is the place to post it - cinema, bowling, coffee, book discussion, swimming, rock climbing, darts, dinner, etc etc..the list is endless......whatever you can think of that interests you!!

Ok so I will kick it off. Anyone up for going bowling some evening?? Just gauging the interest for now......location and the date can be organised if we get enough people. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

ya i`m down.
    great idea..since i have to drive back to Culchie land

<--

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Count me in for bowling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'm still up for bowling

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

here comes Corks own boards.ie bowling team count me in kingtut!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

here comes Corks own boards.ie bowling team count me in kingtut!!! :D

Wow so everyone who was interested last night is still interested....so feel free to suggest dates everyone........I'm guessing some people head home for the weekends and I am not free on Monday evenings so how about Tue 27th Jan / Wed 28th Jan / Thu 29th Jan...

Feel free to suggest other dates.....perhaps I am wrong and everyone will be around at the weekends....who knows but sure hey that is what this thread is for :)

Princess_Lou - thanks for your post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

23rd until the 27th Jan. would suit me and the boyfriend cos we're around then but after that date we have plans until the 2nd of Feb if that helps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I'm in defo. But only only if they pink bowling balls!

I'm in defo. But only only if they pink bowling balls!

lol I'll try and get you some :) would you like pink bowling shoes also? :D

i`ll be gone on the 27th for a while so any day before that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I am in, as said...I am a distaster at bowling and u can make a fool of me...more fun for u :P
    I think I'll be around every day...just pick a date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Sounds like fun....will be dying for a break from lesson plans and screaming kids...one condition though we get the kiddie side bumpers put up so I have some hope of hitting a pin!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'd possibly be up for it too, getting sick of drink tbh.

Let me know whats going on anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gem25x

Sounds like fun....will be dying for a break from lesson plans and screaming kids...one condition though we get the kiddie side bumpers put up so I have some hope of hitting a pin!

OMG thank god someone said that! last time i went bowling my ball-thingy bounced into the next lane... mortified doesnt even come close to it. so ill say it now so that no one is under any elusions that im any good lol

game for a laugh - hopefully ye'll be laughin with me and not at me:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

gem25x wrote: »
    OMG thank god someone said that! last time i went bowling my ball-thingy bounced into the next lane... mortified doesnt even come close to it. so ill say it now so that no one is under any elusions that im any good lol

game for a laugh - hopefully ye'll be laughin with me and not at me:D:D
    Was bowling 2 nights ago and a good friend in my class threw the bowling ball out of the whole bowling system hitting a wall and almost lights. Was very funny. Its all a bit of craic

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Was bowling 2 nights ago and a good friend in my class threw the bowling ball out of the whole bowling system hitting a wall and almost lights. Was very funny. Its all a bit of craic

ah ya, all in the name of fun! and if anyone gets injured due to my negligence ill fix ya up for free lol:D

thanks for the funny bowling stories everyone :)

is anyone interested in stand up comedy? could maybe see whats up and coming to cork soon?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah I'd be up for that - been ages since I was a Stand up Gig

Love stand up comedy, addicted to Live at the Apollo! was driving down southern road today and saw ad for des bishop playing in opera house but its this week - too late to get tickets. any comedians in particular? have never been to comedy club but have heard its quite good

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be up for that - been ages since I was a Stand up Gig

+1

I would love to go to a Des Bishop show if another one comes up gem!!

• Advertisement

Des Bishop...I am kinda in love with him...LOL
    Count me in! (But I'm afraid it's a bit late)

Anyway, I have never been to a stand up comedy gig in Ireland, would love to try! (I hope my english it's enough to enjoy it...:P)

kingtut wrote: »
    +1

I would love to go to a Des Bishop show if another one comes up gem!!

ya a lot of people hate des bishop though. dunno why. i don't
    he uses the word 'beoir' a lot

towel401 wrote: »
    i don't

:rolleyes: lol

Class word! :D
    (love him even more now...lol)

I think many don't like him cause he's a "yankee" who's proud of his "irishness" and try to know more about it...kinda wannabe, but I find this stuff very interesting and a good stuff, I kind of admire this. (<--- my 2 cents)

ha ha ha ha ha love that ^^^^^

just after having a nose around comedy club website and cork opera house website:

des bishop finishing up this week :(:(

eleanor tiernan coming to comedy club (cousin of tommy) but i went to see tommy tiernan at live at the marquee last year and she was warming up the crowd for him, didnt particularly like her tbh - trying too hard to live up to name imo

neil delamare coming to opera house 7th march - tickets still available (he's on the panel rte)

lots of mrs brown crew but personally im allergic to the whole pat short/killnascully thing - how does everyone else feel?

will keep snooping around and see what i can find xxxxx:cool:

Des Bishop...I am kinda in love with him...LOL

+1000000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

gem25x wrote: »
    is anyone interested in stand up comedy? could maybe see whats up and coming to cork soon?

Craichouse at the LV on Friday nights tends to be good. 7 squids admittance but is quite a small room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Craichouse at the LV on Friday nights tends to be good. 7 squids admittance but is quite a small room.

I haven't been to the LV since it reopened, is it much the same? Used to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

This friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Hi All !!

Sorry about that with Des , my fault entirely.

Anyhow , I'd be interested in a a social outing sometime , so I'll keep an eye in here

Advertisement